Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Sept 4, 2013; 1st p-day at the MTC; first letter home

Mom! and Dad! 
Hey! so Wednesday is my p-day here in the MTC! Things are going really well! 
The first couple of days were so rough! My companion and I had a hard time 
getting along at first but we aredoing so much better now! Her name is Sister Matheney 
and She is from Texas. She turned 21 yesterday and she and I are very similar. We are both
pretty energetic and stubborn people which leads for some fun situations.
Ha but I think this weekend was the final rough patch we had a few
companion inventories and now we seem to get along much better!

She and I were both called as Sister training leaders for our Zone this
last Sunday which is fun but also stressful! We are in charge of all the
new sisters in our zone that come in while we are here. Luckily it is a two
week job ha ha. But we get to welcome the newbies tonight! Kristen Trone
comes in today too! I was in the office and heard them putting info packets
together and I walked in right as they said :"Sister Trone" ha I was like "
I know her!!!!" So that was pretty cool!

Okay Sunday was amazing. The fast and testimony meeting was GREAT!!!! I
have never felt the spirit so strong in any meeting in my life. It was so
cool to be in a room where everyone truly wanted to be! We also got to
watch a talk given by Elder Holland called mission are forever. That is the
best talk I have ever heard in my life! I was so excited afterwards I
wanted to go into the field right then and there. Ha but I still have so
much to learn.

The learning curve here is insane!!! My day two we were teaching
investigators (fake ones but still!!!!) We have a TRC investigator that we
are teaching right now. It is kinda cool because they can be real or not
and we will never know! I have felt so inspired to keep teaching about the
Love of God these last few days and thankfully so has my companion so what
better lesson to teach then the restoration. It covers apostasy, atonement,
love of god, restoration, BOM! Everything!!! P.s. Bryce I taught the plan
of salvation and the cards worked great!!!! My teacher laughed at the
resurrection one and said it was creepy though.

So I fly out early on Tuesday! Crazy how fast time has flown. I don't know
how to fit it all in here. I will have to write you today as well to get it
all in!

One unfortunate thing.... my foot is messed up again. But it's my right
foot. I have a small boot thing they gave me for free to wear until I am in
the field and then I am supposed to have you send me my boot. :( I was so
hopeful these new shoes and inserts would work :( but at least my branch
pres. Is cool with me proselyting in a boot. I told him I taught dance in a
boot and he was like "Okay well then I think you would be okay to just wear
that in the field " ;) so I will.

So Sister Nudd is here and she is awesome! We get along great and joke
around so much! This morning we took our dork dots (dots you get when you
are a new missionary so people help you out) and put them back on our tags
so people would welcome us again today only... we used English accents ! It
was great! so many people believed us. but then we got in trouble so we
took them off ha ha. Oh that was fun! Told you I would use an English
accent though dad ;)

I got to go to the Provo temple this morning! So beautiful!!!! I love it! I
did get pics dad just for you ;) Today Sister Nudd and I are hanging out
and writing people and stuff so we are doing a little comp. Switch. (she
was having probs with her comp. who is an awesome Aussie ;) )

Oh bryce I got Lauren bean a nicaruagua shirt for $8.00 but I don't have
her address. I sent it home will you please give it to her? Thanks!

Oh okay so funny stories:
*one elder in my district ate 10 bananas in one sitting (Disgusted)
*Sister Nudd got her tongue stuck to a popsicle at lunch and ripped it (OW)
Oh p.s. dad the food would be great I am sure but because I have so many
allergies they asked me to get my food in  a special room for gluten free
people usually (They have shellfish out and about so they didn't want to
risk it) So I have a limited amount of food options :/ but it is still good
;)
*Oh during our fireside the computer glitched and everyone except me
noticed so they stopped singing but of course I didn't so I was the only
person left singing in the room awesome!
*Our teacher said we looked tired so she made us run a lap around the
building in skirts and sister Nudd carried me because of my foot ha ha.
Awesome Sister

Spiritual stories:
* One elder shared a story about how he had a dream about a family in
Seattle waiting for us! super awesome
*Fast and testimony meeting
*Teaching experiences are great and scary you finish them and go "what just
happened, I have no idea what we said ha ha"
* spontaneous singing happens everywhere!!!!
*This place is spiritual in general

Small what I wish I knew before the MTC list:
*The learning curve in the MTC is huge!!! you won't be the same person
after 2 hr.s here. You will never be able to prepare enough spiritually but
you have to try!!!! If you are prepping really prep! reading each day isn't
enough! STUDY hard each day!
*The sleep sched. will get you! you will be working 13 + hr days! start the
sched. early
*Get as many pairs of no show socks as you can
*Pack packs are not really allowed in any of the buildings at the MTC make
sure you have a smaller purse or bag to carry things
*2M is the best exercise room! They play church videos and you can use
headphones and listen while you work out!
*Obedience is KEY!!!!! be as obedient as possible. Obedience brings
blessings but exact obedience brings miracles.
*The MTC is hard!!!! you have to use your gym time to unwind or you will go
crazy!
*It goes by so quickly after Sunday! Take lots of pictures!!!
Well that is it for this week I love you guys sooooo much!

No comments:

Post a Comment