Thursday, October 10, 2013

September 30, 2013

Hello!
I hope you all had another wonderful week! I had a great week in Seattle Washington. It was a wet week but it sure was a good one! We made a lot of progress with our Investigators Latrece and Jeremiah! They are being baptized this Wednesday and I am so happy for them! We only have two lessons left (We need to finish the plan of salvation and the law of chastity with Jeremiah and then we are ready for baptism) They came to church on Sunday and Jeremiah was so funny he told his mom "I'm ready for some baptism" ha ha Sister Mullins and I loved that! Latrece shared her testimony with Sister Mullins and I and it was so sweet. She talked about how she knows that It will be hard on her Pastor and Her mother to leave (She went to the same church as her mom) but she knows that she needs to continue on her relationship with her Heavenly Father and she needs to make her own path. She also talked about how she wants a good influence on Jeremiah and she knows she has found it in our Church. Her back got hurt really bad this week at church and we got to have the Bishop and another brother from our congregation came over and gave her a blessing! It was so sweet and she was bawling. It was really special because the blessing talked a lot about receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost and that is something in particular that she is looking forward too. We were all bawling! We have really seen a lot of change in her this week.
I got to go on exchanges with the Hermanas this week and I loved that! It was great to get to use my spanish, but also I really had to think about my choice of words. I am finding that in english I over explain things or make them complicated. When I try to explain them in spanish I simplify them and they still have the same effect! The Gospel is true!!! Loved that witness this week. I also got to do my very own street contact for the first time this week and it was in Spanish as well! After that I have so much more confidence in talking to others in English ha ha. Weird that it took me using a language Learned in school rather than my primary language to be comfortable talking to others. It is great though because one of our investigators Husband is Cuban and spanish is his primary language. I got to invite him to be baptized in Spanish this week. No "Yes" from him yet, but he does seem a lot more willing to talk with us now that I make an effort to use his native language even though we are english speaking missionaries! So cool!!!
I loved the General relief society broadcast this Sat. It was phenomenal and it seemed like it was specifically designed for our investigators. That was really neat.
Sister Mullins and I got to take an investigator to the Family History Center and She loved it! We actually ran into her here at the Library when we first got here working on Family History!!! So neat to see the spirit of Elijah working in her life! I am loving Missionary work!!!
There are hard days though. We have had a few people drop us over the last week and that was hard, but the good days make up for it a thousand times over. Our Ward is great! They are doing a 40 day fast for missionary efforts (one member fasts a day and we call them the night before and the night following. We ask them to fast for specific investigators and then we call back at the end of their fast to share miracles we saw that day) Such a cool effort. Today is day two and I have already seen a difference!
I am loving singing to everyone I see! I am not much of a singer but it makes a huge difference. It feels weird now to leave a lesson without singing a song. It is amazing to see how each hymn is picked by the spirit for each individual person too! I am loving seeing the spirit in my life. I have started carrying a notebook with me to write down all the impressions and times I feel the spirit! Such an amazing thing to be able to sit down and see the Lord's hand in my life that day!
I feel like training is going great! I have felt like a missionary since day one of the MTC but this week I REALLY felt like a missionary!!! For the first time I was willing to take the lead on discussions and I thought of scriptures with no effort that fit the situation. I really felt like I was helping this week! It was an amazing feeling! I know that the training system we have works! It's hard and role plays aren't my favorite thing but I still know they work!
Sister Mullins is sooooo great! She does a great job encouraging me and making me feel like a great missionary. Most recently she has been placing little notes by my bed every once and a while that say something she likes about my missionary work. She really makes me feel like I am doing a good job. I am so thankful that she is my trainer. Cool story I haven't shared yet: The first day I got into the field I was sitting in the sacrament room and the missionaries that were all the trainers came in. When Sister Mullins walked in I looked at her and thought "That's my trainer" Not until later that evening did I found out that she had the same impression when she saw me ! Such an awesome testament that our companions are hand picked by God for us! I Love that our Mission motto is "Have fun with the Spirit" because sister Mullins and I have so much fun with the Spirit! I am loving the work.
So here are some funny stories from my week really quick! So Sister Mullins and I decided to go tracting this week and we did. We saw a beautiful dog outside a house that looked just like frosty!!! (Dog I grew up with) Anyways we went up to say hi and he decided he loved me. I mean LOVED me! (Not in the most appropriate way) and I couldn't get him off of me! Sister Mullins just laughed at me while I yelled at the dog and tried to push him off of me. Ya so that was an interesting time. And at the next house a puppy decided I was his chew toy! ha ha oh dogs.
Okay Spiders.... Sister Mullins and I cannot kill spiders and they are everywhere. Our neighbors probably hate us because we scream soooo loud whenever we see them. oops
 Most recently i tried to get one and it crawled on my hand and Sister Mullins screamed and left me in the dust to fend for myself! (Rude ;) )
Hmmm. Sister Mullins and  I started a Bike repair shop for Jeremiah! We took his bike apart and completely re-built it because the axel to the back tire was broken ha.
So cool stories
This morning I was asked to conduct and instruct ward choir... ME!!! ha so I did, doesn't mean I did it well but I tried my hardest ha ha that was interesting.
Well that is pretty much it for this week. I am so glad you are all doing good! I love you all and I hope to hear from you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment