Monday, November 4, 2013

Week Ending November 4, 2013

This week was full of fun and laughter as well as hard work. It was unfortunately a slower week but it was a huge testimony builder for Sister Mullins and Myself. We have been averaging 30 lessons a week and we figured that would be our standard every week. This week we only got 15 lessons. So that was very humbling for us and we tracted for hours this week. Ha so we decided that we would only get the number of lessons we are meant to get if we truly work our hardest. I believe if we work our hardest we will know and there will be no room for being upset. Even though we would have liked more than 15 lessons I know for a fact that the 15 we did have were exactly the lessons we were supposed to have.

Monday 9/28

This day was incredibly slow. But then again most P-days are. I loved being able to chat with Mom and dad while I was emailing. That was soooo fun! (We usually email between 2-5 so be on the lookout for that ;). If you get email on your phone do it so you can chat with me ;) ) Our appointments all fell through for the day so we mostly did area book updates.

Tuesday 9/29

This was our Slow day #2. I went on exchanges with the STL’s (Sister Training Leaders) and it was a blast. I got to stay in Normandy park with one of the STL’s. Her name is Sister Mcbride and funny story. We are pretty much the same person. She is a dancer too and guess what she was engaged. And she got engaged the same month as me, and broke off her engagement the same month too… because she was prompted to prepare for a mission. Hmmm. The only difference is she is an age change missionary and I am not. Other than that we pretty much have the same life which was really fun. And not just major facts a lot of our small facts about the last three years were almost in 100% harmony. Crazy! We went and saw a family named the Gendreau’s (Mom aren’t we related to some Gendreau’s?) Well anyways they are definitely less active ha. She opened the door expecting someone else with a huge glass of wine in her hand. She tried to hide it when we saw our badges which was so funny. We weren’t judging but she obviously felt uncomfortable. We also went and saw Alicia again (On date 9 yr. old) and we covered the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the 10 commandments. It was the best lesson ever! We had visual aids and hand signals and everything ha ha it was a lot of fun! And she really paid a lot of attention!

Wednesday 9/30

This day was so much fun. We were on exchanges till 5 pm so the first part of the day was with Sister Mcbride and the rest was with Sister Mullins. So we went and saw a less active couple that has some health concerns. We found out that they have the following: Schizophrenia, Autism, Agoraphobia, Split personality disorder, OCD, Epilepsy, and Chronic back pain. Whew! It was a lot of fun talking to them but it was hard to share a message with all the concerns going on. We had our ward Trunk or Treat this night and it was an absolute blast!!!! Sister Mullins and I decided to be really creative (as creative as missionaries get) and we became each other ;) I will attach pictures! It was so much fun and we took the opportunity to proselyte and had book of Mormons in tons of languages, Mormon.org cards, pamphlets and the sort displayed in the trunk as well as having the I-pod Bryce gave me playing Mormon messages! It was awesome!

Thursday 10/31

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

This was the strangest Halloween for me. Ha but it was still a lot of fun. We didn’t get a whole lot of lessons and we were not allowed to tract after 6 pm but we still had a good time. We had dinner with our Bishop this night and he made us AMAZING salmon! It was sooooo Gooooood!!! He invited his less active son and his non-member Girlfriend. We had a lot of fun chatting with them and we were able to share a message on faith with them… Then we went to a less active part member family home and guess what?!? They used to own a jewelry store and they gave us Jewelry! I got a necklace that has a mustard seed in it! And Matt. 17:20 is on the back about faith being like a mustard seed. I love it! I also got REAL opal earrings that are BEAUTIFUL! They said it was our Halloween and Christmas present ha! It was so sweet of them. After seeing them and helping them hand out candy to little kids we went and saw Alicia again. (Once people are on date for baptism you are supposed to see them more than one time a week) We reviewed the 10 commandments with her and then we taught her about the law of the fast. She really seemed to understand it which is great since this Sunday was fast Sunday.

Friday 11/1

It is November! That is so crazy! I can’t believe I have almost been out for 3 months. Time is going so fast! We had Zone conference on this day and we made a zone flag. We have a zone challenge to get 26 baptisms before the end of the year! I am excited about it and know we can do it! Our recent convert bailed on our lesson again today L We were really bummed about that. We are not sure exactly what is going on but it stinks. :/ Oh ha we witnessed a drug deal today! We were headed to go tracting and we drove by a man on a bike and another man. They were talking and acted really suspicious. We watched them in our mirror and we both some them exchange something. We turned to each other and said “I think we just saw a drug deal!” ya it was super crazy. We went to see the Wilcken family that evening and we had a blast! We decided to play scripture charades which was soooo fun! We picked tons of stories from the scriptures and had the kids act them out. I think my favorite was when their sons played Joseph leading Mary through Bethlehem ha ha way funny. It was a blast.

Saturday 11/2

This day was SO windy! There was a huge storm and branches flew everywhere! We tracted in the storm which was kinda fun… and dangerous. We saw a part member family unexpectedly which was great. It was a really great day.

Sunday 11/3

Sorry running out of time so this will be short. Great fast Sunday. We had an awesome lesson in Relief society. We saw the Wilcken’s again and gave a lesson on the Holy Ghost. It was really good. Then we got to eat dinner with a family in the Ward. We visited with a nonmember named lee tonight. We got to share the differences/similarities of the Book of Mormon and Bible. It was a great time.

Other things this week:

I may be allergic to egg. Awesome one more for the list ha ha

Elder Ballard gave a challenge at Christmas that if every person in the church will reach out to one person between now in Christmas that we will be able to touch and affect thousands of lives! Do IT!!!!

Scripture of the week: Alma 32:27-28 Just a particle of faith will work miracles in our lives!

It was a week full of singing and praying for miracles. I am thankful for the experience I had this last week because I was able to use it this week. We visited the Wilcken family again and I discovered that Brother Wilcken had been feeling alone and abandoned by the spirit. I was able to testify to him that we are never alone and that as long as we do the things we are supposed to we WILL have the spirit in our lives. When we are praying, studying the scriptures, going to church, and looking for opportunities to bless other people we are inviting the spirit into our lives. It says in Corinthians 12:3... "No man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost". So now I say this by the power and gift of the Holy Ghost: I know that my savior lives. I know that he loves me and would NEVER leave me alone. I am promised this each week as I partake of the sacrament: "...That they may ALWAYS have his spirit to be with them" (D&C 20:77) I know that my savior suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane for all mankind but specifically for me! I know that He suffered for me so that I would understand that someone always understands what I am going through. I have a testimony that because of our loving savior and friend that the Plan of Salvation is true and works! I know that families are eternal and I am so thankful for this. I know that I will see and be with my little sister again whether it is in this life or after we leave this earth. I find so much joy in this plan and I am thankful that I have the opportunity to proclaim this joy to the world (Of Washington Seattle). I love this gospel and I love that I get to be a missionary during this time of my life. I say these things in the name of my savior, even Jesus Christ, Amen.

I love you all!

Love Sister Franzen

image

Us dressing as each other. Her fav. Outfit and my fav. Outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment