Sunday, November 3, 2013

Week Ending October 22, 2013

Okay Transfer number 2!

I am staying! Wahoo!!! I am so happy about this I absolutely love Normandy park and I was actually a little sick at the idea of leaving. I felt like I would have to say “no not yet!!!” If I was asked to transfer ha. But luckily I wasn’t. So I normally look at my planner/journal to give you a recap of the week but I accidently left it at home so wish me luck remembering ha ha.

This week was really good. Sister Mullins and I did not have as many lessons as last week but that’s okay we both felt as though we saw exactly who we needed to see. We have more investigators progressing than we have ever had before and for us that is a huge miracle. We had all but two of our investigators at church this week as well! It was so good to see them there and it was even better to see God bless their lives because of it. One of our investigators is really into family history… we had a talk on Family history. One investigator is a young mom… there was a talk on eternal families. Finally one of our investigators found out on Friday that her husband may have cancer… our last speaker got us and shared a sweet message that seemed to be catered to a focus family in our ward and then he closed by telling us that he has cancer! He went on to tell us how he knows that it is okay because the Lord is watching over him. He also said how he knew he had an assignment to be in Normandy park that morning and asked God for strength to make it there. Our investigator Valerie (The one who’s husband may have cancer was floored, she told us that was for her and she knew it!)

We also saw miracles in the sense that people came up to us and said they felt as though they needed to speak to us right then and there! One woman was at a dinner appointment at an investigators home and she told us she didn’t want to talk to us but that she felt a little voice telling her “Talk to them… they can help… talk to them”. It is so sweet to see the spirit is other people’s lives even when they don’t identify the source prompting them as the spirit. That made this week so amazing! There was no doubt in our minds that God was sending specific people to us!

Friday was a wonderful day! We had Paul V. Johnson of the seventy here to help give us guidance on how to work better with the ward and auxiliary leaders. He had some really great insight and I am excited to see it in affect with the ward here in Normandy park.

Not sure if I mentioned this last week or not but we have another baptism scheduled!!! Wahoo! It is for a 9 yr. old little girl named Alicia. We are meeting with her twice a week now to teach her the rest of the lessons.

We have 4 investigators who we are going to try and put on date this week please keep us in your prayers for that! The area is booming and the ward is a big part of that. We have a awesome ward missionary named Melissa that comes everywhere with us so we can get into more homes!!! I got to teach another lesson in Spanish this week which was great except… he was fast!!!! It was really hard to understand but I continued to smile and make it look like I knew what was going on ha ha.

So we have to all get flu shots in the mission which I am not looking forward too. I swear I get sick every single time I get a flu shot… but the mission president asked us to and he sent 1st Nephi 3: 7 with it ha how can I not… so I am getting one. We tried to go and get them this morning at the mission office and this was our Tuesday p-day/transfer day fiasco. We got lost. Like really really lost. We gave our GPS back to it’s original owner this last week as we don’t need it in our area. Well the mission office is in Bellevue. Ya we were stuck somewhere in seattle for 3 hrs. L It stressed Sister Mullins out really bad. So to d- stress us we went to the temple. Shhhh don’t tell. We aren’t supposed to go there unless it’s a scheduled temple day… but we were so lost and the only landmark we knew and recognized was the temple… so we decided to go there to get our bearing and calm down and then go home. So we really took the light house analogy of the temple to heart. We would not have gotten home without it! We bought maps and everything but we were on the wrong island and couldn’t find a way back that didn’t involve toll bridges. It was a mess ha but… we survived! So that was the stress for today. In half an hr. we are headed to Melissa’s house to paint pumpkins with her and her little sister Jackie who isn’t a member. Awesome P-day activity. I will send pics later.

Well that is all my brain can remember right now but I promise next weeks letter will be longer with some great photos! Love you all!

Love Sister Franzen

P.s. Either Sister Mullins or myself will most likely be here till Christmas now! They don’t usually white wash an area and the next transfer is Dec. 3 so I may be here through the new year! Pray for that please! I LOVE it here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment