Sunday, November 3, 2013

Week Ending October 28, 2013

So this week was really crazy! We didn’t get as many lessons as previous weeks… but we know that we went and saw who we were supposed to. Sister Mullins and I are glad we recognize and respond to promptings like this but we are trying to do better at ending appointments on time.

A woman in our ward passed away on Monday. That was crazy because Sister Mullins and I went to visit her a week ago and she was as healthy as a horse. So we were really shocked. Here was the amazing thing though! Instead of mourning the loss of their mother, the Children called us and asked us to turn her passing into a missionary opportunity. They asked us to provide plan of salvation pamphlets and Book of Mormons for her memorial. Then they invited us to the Luncheon to walk around and answer questions people had, that was really great! I was so floored by the missionary mindedness of her children.

Our Recent convert Latrece fell off the face of the Earth on Monday and her phones were both disconnected. We went by her house and she was clearly home and ignored us. We were so worried that her family had been trying to Anti her but she called us last night and was apologizing and asking when we can come and visit! I am so thankful for this because We were so worried that she didn’t want to have anything to do with the church!

We also felt like we should go visit a LA member due to health problems. Her name is Sister O’sullivan and she is SOOO sweet. She fell and literally shattered her arm right before I got here. She is still in a sling and it gives her soooo much pain. We felt bad because we woke her up, but she was happy to see us and even told us “I had a feeling it would be you two stopping by”. She also told us how our singing last time we saw her had brightened her day and she had told her Catholic friend all about us and was going to try and have her over one day to hear us sing! So great! I love when we receive promptings from our Father in Heaven and we are able to respond and reap the blessings of it! (1st Corinthians 9:16-19) I preach the gospel because… how can I not! I have seen the blessings of our Father in Heaven, his son, and their plan in my life and I cannot deny it! Instead I can share it with all the energy of my heart! My reward for teaching others is far greater than any material reward!

I LOVE CHARITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am developing such strong love for every single person that I teach and I cannot wait to see them again and see the Lord bless their lives even more than the previous week! One Investigator in particular is doing great! Her name is Valerie and she committed to try and stop smoking this week! She is not on date for baptism at this point but we have asked her and she told us she is seriously considering it !

Favorite scripture of the week… Deuteronomy 31:6. Sometimes missionary work is scary but we have NO need to fear! God is ALWAYS watching over and protecting us!  

Well that was my week! It was crazy wonderful and fun. Sorry there are no pictures. They will come this next week with some Halloween fun ;) I love you all so much

Remember to rely on more than sight when we walk in a dark world! (2 Corinthians 5:7)

P.s. you should all watch Patterns of light by Elder Bednar. It is a three part series and it is amazing!

Have an amazing week! KYI

Love Sister Jennifer Franzen

Washington Seattle Mission

10675 NE 20th St

Bellevue WA 98004

oh ps I auditioned to sing a duet with my comp. at a mission fireside ha so nerve racking ha ha they asked who could play what instrument in addition to singing. I wish they would ask for dancers haha I would NAIL it! ;) Doing great in Seattle!

No comments:

Post a Comment