Monday, February 10, 2014

Week ending January 14, 2014

New area, New experiences, bring it on!!!

 

Wow this has been a whirlwind of a week and a half. For starters transfers were this morning and I was transferred. I am now in Bellevue, overlake area. Basically I live right across from the Microsoft campus! So that is pretty neat. I am in a tri-panionship now and I will send pics of my comps as soon as I have some. Funny thing is that I am in Sister Thompson’s greenie area now. Weird huh? She stayed in Normandy park and is going to take care of my area.

So now onto the week! We had some really good miracles one of which was…. ALICA WHITE GOT BAPTIZED!!!! That was the most exhilarating baptism I have ever been too! It all started with a power outage. The wind was so strong the night before that the power and HEATER was knocked out. So we were filling her font, and it was 40 degree water! It was freezing!!!! We tried boiling water on the stove and pouring it in to warm it up. We were running around like chickens with our heads cut off! Luckily the water heater was fixed and her water was around 70 degrees by the time of her baptism. Still not super warm but not awful at least. She has been so scared of water and she has been trying really hard to overcome that fear! She went swimming on Wednesday with the activity day girls and she got right into the water! We were so excited for her! Sister Thompson and I also knew that she hated the jumpsuits we get baptized in so we bought her an adorable baptism outfit on Monday with our Christmas money ha ha. She looked soooo cute! When it came time for her baptism she had a look of pure determination on her face. She walked right into the font pushed her dress down and then stood ready for the prayer to be said. The minute she came out of the water she booked it to Sister Thompson and I. We compared it to a wet cat trying to get out of water ha. But SHE DID IT!!!! The whole ward clapped! Everyone was so happy that she was able to overcome that fear! It was such a testimony builder for us all to see what faith can do! (Mom I send you a copy of her baptism talk in the mail it is the CUTEST thing ever! )

On Sunday Alicia was confirmed a member of the church and Jonathan received the priesthood!!! And Latrece Bynum got her first calling! Ah it was so amazing to see all the people I have taught and loved participating in church. After Alicia received the Holy Ghost she kept hugging her grandma and saying “I love you grandma! So Much!” Her grandma just kept crying and telling us she is a changed girl! So sweet to see the influence the Holy Ghost has!

It was amazing to be apart of Alicia and Jonathan's' conversions. This last transfer was very difficult with my kidney stones and we had to stay in a lot. But the ward was phenomenal and THEY baptized Jonathan and Alicia. Ya Sister Thompson and I helped teach them but the ward were the ones giving them rides, taking them swimming, giving them a place to live, and actually baptizing them! So amazing! That is the true meaning of being missionary minded and having the ward and missionaries work together!

Jonathan had a birthday party with us last night and it was a blast! I am so glad that I got to be there to celebrate his birthday with him. He hasn’t celebrated his birthday in 5 years!!! Sierra Leone has pretty much the same traditions as America though with a few differences. It is tradition in Sierra Leone that EVERYONE cute the birthday cake, no matter how many people there are. So that was an interesting feet. I am so thankful that I got to meet and teach all of the people of Normandy park Washington. I am going to miss them all terribly but the work goes on and I will be back!!!! (oh ya mom and dad, that is one of our stops on the end of mission trip ;) )

Great week and I am sure great things to come in my new area: "overlake!" To ZION TO ZION!!!

 

image

No comments:

Post a Comment