Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Week ending February 24, 2014

This was by far the BEST week of my mission so far. It was so full of so many amazing miracles that I am struggling to even know where to begin! Sister McEntire hit my all mission high of lessons this week. We taught 35 lessons and we got 8 new investigators!!! There are so many people here in Overlake that are so prepared and just waiting for the gospel to enter their lives!

Here is our newest goal.... START A HINDI BRANCH! of course only if that is the Lord's will, but we have been saying "have the faith to start a hindi branch, teach like we are starting a hindi branch, etc." This area is literally 99% Indian and they are all so sweet and wonderful people. Many of them are Hindu and they do not believe in our God but they believe in A GOD which means that we have common round. It is so amazing to see how different their culture is. We knock on people's doors and they immediately allow us into their homes without even knowing our names or our purpose for being there. They are so kind hearted. So here are a few of the miracles of our week:

(This is a mirace blast we sent out to the whole mission)

We have had some amazing miracles in Overlake! We have been studying as a companionship about the city of Enoch and how it will one day return to the earth. We have been discussing how our righteousness and obedience as missionaries will help turn the Washington Seattle mission into the city of Enoch! So yesterday we had plans to find our potential *Sara, who lives in our apartment complex, but her address was incomplete. So we assumed she was in building M like the other potentials in our complex. However, when we knocked, no one answered, so we continued on our day. Fast forward to 8:53 P.M... We knew we had 8 min left and we had been praying that we would find one more new investigator this week, who was ready to hear about the gospel. So we ran from door to door in the building we live in to find our last minute miracle. First few doors... Nothing. With 3 minutes left on the clock we decided we would sing a hymn to the next person that answered the door and then be on our way... Well the door was answered by a nice CHRISTIAN HINDU! WHAT!?!? That doesn’t happen... Ever... She invited us in and we sang "Nearer my God to thee". She loved the song. We had a prayer with her to bless her home and then she asked us if we knew of a church around because she has been looking for one for six months! So of course we told her about church and set up a church tour for this next Saturday. We exchanged numbers with her and she told us her name was.... *SARAI!!! When we exchanged numbers she was already in our phone! She IS THE POTENTIAL WE TRIED TO FIND THAT MORNING! Elders and Sisters God wanted her to be found and there are so many others in your areas too. Go find them. We know that as we are obedient and run to the last minute, our Father will lead us to those waiting. -Overlake *Names have been changed.

We met another woman named Vibha. We knocked on her door, she opened it and said "please, come in" we proceeded to teach her about the God head and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We committed her to baptism and she said yes! She is going back to India for a few weeks though so we don't have a specific date set yet.

We decided to visit some formers and we picked a few out of our area book. We went and saw one named Nayer. Nayer is Muslim and is very interested in Christianity. The teaching record said that she was staying at her sisters back in October and that is why the missionaries stopped seeing her.
We decided to see if she was back now and this is the amazing part. She was back but only for one hr! she hasn't been to her apartment since october because she was living with her sister. She said she had decided to stop by her own apartment just that day and for just one hr. We ran into her the one hr she was home in 5 months time. NOT A COINCEDENCE! I know miracles do happen!

There were so many more miracles this week. This is just the beginning. I KNOW we will see even more miracles this week because the Lord is preparing people! Now is the time for his work to go to all nations!!! God is so good. Don't ever ever doubt that! He loves each and every one of you! I know this is true and he has a plan for each of you to have the most happiness and peace in your lives.

I was studying about the melennium this week and how we know that Satan will be bound during that time. I had an epiphany though....WE have to be the ones to bind him! It will be our righteousness that will make it so Satan will have no power over the hearts of men. I have often thought that the Melennium will come in the due time of the Lord... it will, but that doesn't mean that we can't help it along. As we live each day more righteously and truly seek after our Lord and Savior, Satan will have no power over our hearts or homes. It will be our strength and our testimonies that will leave him powerless. Just like in Revelations 12:11! We have this power! Now is the time to use it!!!!

People came up to us this week asking us questions about Jesus Christ and what we believe, that is the time we live in now! People are SO hungry for the word of God and they are seeking it so diligently that they are running to and fro to find the truth! I am so thankful that I have the call to be a representative of the Lord to help those seeking truth to receive answers!

I read a wonderful talk this past week that I highly encourage ALL of you to read! I can't find it on LDS.org but I will make a copy and send it to mom so you can all get it from her. but if you ever want to get fired up about missionary work and understand the importance of it a little more... READ IT!!! it is called Create Success. It is by Elder Ballard. SOOOO GOOD! Basically NOW is the time to act in faith and success isn't luck. So if you want to be successful ACT!!!!

On another note.... Transfers came... and I got ANOTHER new companion ha ha 4 comps in 6 weeks. I am on a roll! But on another note... SISTER NUDD CAME BACK!!!! WAHOO!!!! so glad she came back :)

I will miss Sister McEntire so much, she taught me so much in the two weeks we were together and she truly helped me love my mission like I never have before. She will do awesome in her new area. My New companion is named Sister Tanner and she is from Temple Square. So she is here for just two transfers. I am so excited to help her get excited and involded in the work of "little India"

(apparently I look sick from my kidney stones (they are reoccurring but not as bad as before) Sister Choi pulled me aside at transfers today and tole me I looked sick and thin.... great... I thought I was doing AWESOME!!! ha ha so now her and President Choi are keeping an eye on me. Honestly though I am doing great! slight pain I can handle and it is soooo much better than before :) )

Inspirational thoughts for the day....

Hurrah for Overlake!!!! ha ha (the new zion)

Alma 26:12 "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God for in his strenth I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in (overlake), for which we will praise his name forever" Ah How GREAT IT MY GOD!!!!!

What kind of missionary do you want to be? Alma 48:17 "Yea, Verily I say unto you, if all men had been, and were and ever would be, like unto Moroni, behold the very powers of hell would have been shaken for ever, yea, the devil would never have power over the hearts of the children of men." LET US BE LIKE MORONI!!!

Family/ Friend challenge:

Okay listen up everyone! I need testimonies/reasons why you love God. on paper please. Send them anonymously please and then I will give them to the people here that I teach. The people here have no concept of God (it is like I am on a foreign mission) so I need peoples testimonies and love of the Lord!!!! please send them my way!

10675 NE 20th st.
Bellevue WA 98004

(PS letters to me are appreciated too ;) )

I love you all so much but more importantly so does our Father in Heaven! I will write you more next week!!!! Stay wonderful!!!! Ps I am learning Hindi!!! ha ha

image

I made mom’s delicious dairy free cupcakes! Everyone loved them!!!!!

image

Our NEW CAR!!!! Oh yeah!

image

Delicious Benyats (sp?) from Louisiana! Oh I wish there was more!

image

Go Seahwaks!!!!

image

We got Jeanie pants from “little India”

imageimage

Awesome District

image

We are going to start a HINDU branch!

image

Book of Mormon in Hindi!

No comments:

Post a Comment