Monday, February 10, 2014

Week Ending January 20, 2014

Happy Martin Luther Kind day everyone!!! Hope you all had a wonderful last week. I had a great week myself in Bellevue WA!
    So one compleltly random fact of the week.... apparently the Seahawks are going to the superbowl?!? (if this is  not true ha ha I play the "I'm a missionary and don't watch TV card") But... how cool is it that the Seahawks are going the year I came to WA!!! Go seahawks!
    Okay onto missionary related news... we had 30 lessons this week! Wahoo! My New comps. are great! I have had awesome companions so far! I have two new comps. this time. Both are from Utah. One is named Sister Crockett and she is awesome and has red hair! The other is named Sister Moore and she is so sweet and we came into the field together actually! I will attatch a picture soon.
    So we taught a 14 yr. old named Bryan this week and he was great!!!! He was wanting to do a research project for school on the LDS church so he referred himself to Mormon.org to have missionaries come and teach him. Crazy!!! So we went over to answer his questions about the church and we ended up teaching him the first three discussions in one lesson!!!! He is now on date for Feb. 15! So awesome!
    We also have a lot of Hispanic people around here and I am getting to use my spanish now more then ever. Especially because we are teaching a hispanic family. The three teenage girls were baptized in dec. and the Mom is getting baptized this up coming Sunday! It has been fun to talk to her in spanish!
    We are also teaching a family from Nepal. Their names are Ananta and Pratima. They are very sweet. They don't know much about religion so we have to start at the basics but they seem to enjoy learning about and discussing the nature of God with us.
    So this week was a really wonderful week full of many many miracles. It was fun adjusting to a new area and learning that I have entered into "little India". Most of the families out here are indian and know nothing of God. It has been very fun to introduce them to the concept that they have a Heavenly Father that loves them and knows them individually.
     in other news I street contacted for the first time! we went to a bus stop and I got to talk to people from literally all over the world! So crazy how much diversity there is here in Seattle!
    Well I hope you all have an amazing week and I will talk to you next week!
Fav. hymn of the week: Savior Pilot me! #104
Fav. Scripture of the week Deuteronomy 31:6

IMG_0230

L to R: Sister Crockett, Sister Franzen, Sister Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment