Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Week of March 24th 2014

This week was good. it was tough again but good. Sister Tanner and I found that when my pain was at the worst and we had to go in, we were able to call potentials in our area book and try and do phone lessons, or set up return appointments. Talking is fine when i am in pain, it is standing or sitting. so when we go in and i lay down I am good to go ha so we called quite a few of our potentials. Nothing like trying a new approach to missionary work right?
We got some great training this week and Sister Tanner and I are really looking forward to applying it. We have quite a few investigators that have not come to church in quite a while... so we are taking the focus back to our purpose and if the people have no desire to change then we are moving on. We have work to do and there are people waiting to have the gospel of Jesus Christ in their lives.
Sister Tanner is so patient which is wonderful. I feel bad that she came from temple square to have a in field experience ha and she is getting a kidney stone experience but I am trying my hardest to keep things light and to help her to work hard and have fun here in the Washington Seattle mission since her time here is short. She has such a sincere desire to work and I know that we will find those people that are waiting as we are diligent. 
We did have a cool miracle this week. We had man in our area book that we were intending to visit but he was never home. We went to visit a potential next door to him and his door was open and he was home! So we talked with him and it turned out that he read all of the Book of Mormon on a trip to India and loved it and wants to learn more! The hard part is his work schedule is crazy busy :/ But that is okay something will work out ;) 
We also got a new investigator at our Ward party on Friday. We had an international night where we celebrated cultures from all over the world. It was a really fun event. I didn't eat a single american dish that night! ha ha 
I forgot my camera this next week so i will have to send pics this next week but it was a really fun time. 
Sorry this email is short this week but I love you all! 
Talk of the week:"In the strength of the lord"- Elder Bednar http://speeches.byu.edu/?act=viewitem&id=251
It is Wonderful!!!
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment