Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Week ending December 17, 2013

Well folks it's a week from Christmas!!!! WAHOOO!!!! I hope you are all finding ways to make the Spirit of Christ the focus of your Christmas season!

I wish this email could be full of amazing miracles from missionary work this last week, but alas it cannot.... but this next week will hopefully be chalk full of them!

So this week Sister Thompson and I did soooo much! ha ha not.. we stayed in all week :/ we got 8 lessons though! Wahoo for phone lessons and dinner appointments. So I had an eventful medical week. So I was put on a gluten free diet last Monday. Ya that didn't help. My pain still got worse!!!! So on Saturday I was talking to my Sister Training leader sister Mcbride, Sister Nudd, and Sister Thompson and they were ready to take me to the Hospital! Yikes!!! So we called Sister Choi (Mission president's wife) and we had a bunch of phone calls to try and get a plan of action... so finally an ultrasound, Cat scan and x-rays later we now know that... I have KIDNEY STONES! yup tiny little calcium suckers are the source of my pain. :/ And not just one.. nope I have "several" Says my doctor. Here is the best part though! Vicodin does nothing for me! It didn't even make me loopy! I got a little dizzy when they had me take two and that was it! So i am no longer on pain meds because even narcotics DON'T help. Hence the reason we are staying in. Laying down is what helps the most. But Hopefully I will be back on my feet soon!

Sister Thompson and Sister Mcbride took our investigator Jonathan to an awesome Fireside while sister Nudd "babysat" me. They were all pretty worried that two vicodin would be really bad for me but it turns out I was normal. Sister Nudd and I had a blast though! We did a puzzle, sort of. Ha the life of a missionary that is sick is very boring. Our Area book is great though! So up to date!

Jonathan is still on date for baptism this Saturday but I am still kind of on house arrest ha ha.

We had our stake Christmas party and I went for a little bit. Just long enough to get some fun photos with sisters and then it was back to bed for me! We also had our Mission Christmas party. That was fun but short lived ha ha I practically ran out of the room to get to the car... but once again I think I am going to be on the up swing of things soon! i have an appointment with the Urologist on Friday to figure out how to deal with "Several" Kidney stones. So we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment