Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Week ending November 25, 2013

This has been a great week! I have a new companion and her name is Sister Thompson! She is from Farmington Utah and guess what!!! She is shorter than me! Didn't know it could happen right? She has been on her mission for over a year and is teaching me a lot!

We had to adjust to  having a surprise new companionship a little bit but we are working great together. She has been on her mission for a little over a year. She is super sweet and funny. We laugh a lot together which is a lot of fun. It is a little weird to adjust to a new companionship though. I am trying to make sure she feels 100% welcome here in Normandy park because it is awesome here!!!

I found a perfect location to get a picture of Mount rainier and the Puget sound together! Now I just have to time it right and get the sunset too! I will work on it! ;)

So funny story of the week. Our focus family (Active family the Bishop asks to have the missionaries go and visit) invited us over for dinner last night. We decided to do a gratitude activity. We found out that the dad has Narcolepsy! (Falls asleep with no notice) as we were writing things we were thankful for down he zonked!!! I mean snoring and everything! and then out of nowhere he sat bolt upright and said "Adversity" ha ha ha because that was something he was trying to write that he was thankful for. Sooooo funny. Sister Thompson and I weren't sure that it was real.

Our recent converts kind of fell of the face of the earth which is soooo hard. The Mom called and said she is not sure this is what she wants for her and her son anymore. That crushed me! This church is true and I have personally seen it touch not only my life but hers! She was happier and things were finally falling into place for her! We are NOT GIVING UP on her! She will feel the spirit again and

Miracle of the week:

one of our investigators moved a few weeks ago and we didn't have her new address to send her as a referral. She called us two nights ago and told us that she saw elders on the street one night and approached them and asked them where the church was and things. They talked to her and found out that Sister Mullins and I had been teaching her. She is now an investigator in the federal way mission and so is her 9 year old daughter! She went to church on Sunday and called us to tell us it was great! She is moving back to Normandy park in Jan. So we have to make sure that whatever missionaries are here then help her stay in the church so she can progress towards baptism!

So sorry this week is so short!!! Just know that I am so good and I love and miss you all! The work is going great and i will be sure to write you more about how people are progressing this next week!

Love you all

Sister Franzen

P.s. everyone NEEDS to read "Our search for happiness!" Please if you haven't pick up a copy and start reading it!

No comments:

Post a Comment