Sunday, April 19, 2015

Week Ending April 14th, 2014

This has been an amazing week in SO many ways! 1. It was a BEAUTIFUL week full of sun! 2. We got 2 new investigators and 23 lessons! Ah it felt so good to be able to WORK again! I am so thankful that we got answers about my kidney stones and that the recommendations from the Doctor seem to be working! It feels so good to feel like me again! I even got to teach my companion some dance for exercise (so you know that means I am REALLY feeling good again)
Sister Payne is GREAT! we get along really well and we LOVE to talk in Boston accents ha ha yup I have switched from British accents to Boston accents but still oh so fun. I LOVE LOVE LOVE sister Payne. I have truly loved all of my companions, but Sister Payne and I get along so well! It is like we are the same person. It is also a lot like being with my trainer Sister Mullins again. It is fun to learn from her and hear about the experiences she has had on her mission this far. She has such a strong desire to work hard and she deals so well with the ward I am already learning so much from her and I love it! It has been an absolute blast.

We had some amazing miracles this week with different investigators. Our two new investigators are from Persia and Sudan! They both are so prepared! We met one of them on Saturday and he was too busy but we gave him our card and invited him to church... and he came! and he stayed all three hours! He was really sweet he really enjoyed it and kept saying that everyone was so nice and had a "light" around them. So happy that he had a good experience. Our other investigator  was actually a referral from Elders in our zone. He is Islamic and so nice. He came to the Easter concert and it was so good to have him there.He doesn't actually belief in the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ. But he really enjoyed the Easter celebration and said that the music was beautiful. I love seeing the people in our area come to an understanding of Jesus Christ for like the first time ever. 
Isabel's son Nicholas got baptized on Saturday. It was so fun to go to an 8 yr. old baptism. There were 4 kids that got baptized and they were all so happy to get baptized! So fun! I will attach pictures :) 
So I finally killed my boots ha ha 8 months in and they split. Just in time for warmer weather right? Ha
Okay Preach my Gospel Follow up. I got one email from my dear friend Brother George about preach my gospel. Not to point anyone out ha ha but I know a lot more of you that read my email know what preach my gospel is.... So.... send me insights, comments, questions. Something I learned from Preach my Gospel this week: In Chapter 4 it talks about recognizing the spirit. it talks about tips and tools to recognize the spirit more in our lives. So i am working on that. When convenient I am trying to write down when i notice the spirit or at least make a mental note of the spirit. And so comes my commitment. I invite all of you to notice the hand of God in your life this week. Whether big or small, notice when you feel the influence of the Lord in a specific moment and write it down. And if you feel so inclined please share it with me. I would love to hear about your spiritual experiences. I am excited to follow up on this one.

This week has been great and we are both ready and excited for another amazing week full of miracles!!!! AH I love being a missionary. Happy Easter to you all I love you so much! What an amazing week we are heading into! Please take just 2 min. of your time this week and watch this video about Easter. What an amazing week this is. Love it, Remember it, and Cherish it always. I love you all. . 
http://easter.mormon.org/?cid=HPTU041514694
Love Always
Sister Jenn Franzen


No comments:

Post a Comment