Sunday, April 19, 2015

Week Ending May 12th, 2014

This was a GREAT week!!!!  We had set some goals to focus on Member present lessons and having fewer member lessons and we did better on both of those areas. We unfortunately had fewer lessons this week then we have had all transfer but I don't feel bad because we were really trying to be obedient and we went finding in all of our open time. People just weren't home ha ha but we kept trying which is something we have been working on. So We both improved this week and we are ready for a week full of miracles! I can't believe it is the last week of the transfer already. Sister Payne and I have LOVE LOVE LOVED our time together and it has been so full of spiritual experiences. I hate to think that we may not be together next transfer. ( I am not thinking about transfers but if it is in the Lord's will I would love to stay with Sister Payne another transfer. He and I have been communicating and he knows the desires of my heart and how much I love this area and working with Sister Payne. We work so well as a companionship and we have so much potential it is just time to tap into it. But it is in the Lord's hands and we will see what he has in store for us) I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! Ha we got anti'd a few more times this week. Darn you Washingtonians!!!! But don't worry we will no back down and let our faith falter. We are here to help them build upon their faith in our Savior Jesus Christ.
  My companion and I sang in church on Sunday with an AWESOME cello! It was so much fun! I am learning to LOVE singing. (our mission has a "rule" that we try to sing at every door step) And it works people have us back just from a song!
 Ha on Friday we went to the symphony with our investigators. It was a special performance about Prophets so our mission was invited to go with progressing inv. The second half of the performance was actually written by an old professor of BYUI!!!! I have the coolest school ever ;) It was really good. Some of it was kind weird for our investigators (The choir started speaking verses from DC 76 about Satan in a super creepy monotone way ha) but overall they enjoyed it!
So we are now teaching a Russian man who pretty much knows no English... but the Russian sisters are too busy so we are taking him on. It is definitely a challenge so now I can say hello in Creole (Africa) Hindi (India) and Russian. Oh and of course English and Spanish ha ha
This week we saw our inv. in a different light. They opened their hearts more this week and it was good and hard to see. Some of them expressed a willingness to change and some really do not want to change. This was hard to see because we love them so much and they see how they need to change and they recognize they must change to have the spirit in their lives and homes more but they just don't want to change. It was a good lesson on agency. We cannot make anyone change and we would never want to but I think the disappointment we felt was just a glimpse of what our Father in Heaven feels when we make mistakes. It is heartbreaking for us, but he allows us to continue doing so because of our agency. 
I got to talk to mom yesterday. Goodness I love my mom!!!!She is like the best woman ever!!!! (yes I may be biased... but I sure do love you Mom!)

Well I hope you all had a great week and an even better week to come! Have an amazing week!
Alma 26:11 :) God is So GOOD!
TO ZION! 
Love, 
Sister Franzen

No comments:

Post a Comment