Sunday, April 19, 2015

Week ending December 2nd, 2014

So this was a great week! I learned a lot this week. This was a week full of so many lessons. The week after the car crash I really wasn't sure how we were going to make this area successful.... It was pretty disheartening at first and I was trying very hard to not get discouraged. I knew that I needed to be a good and strong example for Sister Bunker, so instead of letting myself get upset I tried to do something new. We really went sacred finding... not just walking from 5-7 and knocking here and there... but really putting zeal into it. We sang as we walked from door to door and talked about spiritual things. We practiced what we had learned in training and really made it an effort to be a missionary 100% of the time... Training was very helpful this last week. Everything we learned this last week fit right in with what we are teaching our inv. and recent converts. We really focused on the temple and family history work. I am so excited to be able to go toe the temple this next week in behalf of my ancestors who are dead... I love FAMILY HISTORY! So we had a visit from a member of the 1st quorum of the seventy this last week named Elder Falabella. I loved Elder Falabella's visit. Here is what I loved: (These are three questions we were asked to follow up with and I thought I would share them with all of you.)
1. What is the thing you learned? Something that really stood out to me was that obedience isn't the motivation for success... obedience is the result of motivation to be successful... Now I will explain why this was important to me.
2. What is your special feeling about the thing you learned most? So above is the statement that Elder Falabella made about obedience but what I got from it was not his words... It answered one of the questions I took into the meeting... I have been praying really hard to know how to be a good trainer and help Sister Bunker to be a great teacher... It hit me with Elder Falabellas comment that we just need to work. I don't need to get worried about how to help her become a good teacher... all the role plays and time with the two of us will do nothing if we are not teaching. We just need to continue to be motivated and talk to everyone. The more we talk with EVERYONE the more her teaching skills and our teaching together will improve. So that was really comforting to me, it helped me to see that I am on the right track and I just need to keep listening to the spirit and taking the opportunities to talk to everyone.
3. What is your commitment cased on your learning and feeling during the conference? My commitment to myself is to not let people walk by.... The Lord has given me an amazing opportunity to talk to more people. I want to take it. I don't feel unsure, scared, bitter, or anything else about the crash... I am grateful that I have the chance to walk where Christ walked and to open my mouth to all who will hear me. I am also grateful that we are able to involve members more in the work.
Sister Bunker is really growing a lot, she led teaching the plan of salvation this week and I could really tell that she has a deep passion for this gospel.
I know all things are in the Lord's will and I actually see us walking as a blessing. We got a new investigator this week that lives close to our home (We used to drive away from home for finding) We also contacted her using He is the Gift and She loved it and wants us back this week! We are already seeing miracles from Walking the path of Christ. So On Thanksgiving we all met together and sang songs... Sister Bunker and I sang a duet for the mission acapella... who knew I would do that??? ha ha I will sing just about anywhere now ha ha We sang How great thou Art... oh I love that song. Our mission president told us we must be really sure of our voices to sing acapella ha ha... um .... just didn't have anyone to play the piano...
We had a great thanksgiving dinner with a family in the ward... then we had another dinner... and then another.... ugh sooooooo full! but It was a great night... This week we learned about a new imitative the church is doing called HE is the GIFT. Here is a link to it... I encourage all of you to watch it so you can be reminded of why we truly have this Christmas season.
http://www.mormon.org/christmas
I love the Christmas season. I love the reminder we get to focus on the true Gift of Christmas.. our Savior.
Our Inv. Jill gets baptized this saturday and I cannot wait for her! She has been waiting for this for so long! it will be a great week
I love you all and I hope that you all stay warm.. ps. it snowed here this week... brrr....
Love you!
Sister Franzen
Thanksgiving Day... We all matched... (one of my fav. Members... Blanca Abrego! Put her on the list of people to meet mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment