Sunday, April 19, 2015

Week Ending February 2nd, 2015

Hello Everyone!
So it was the weirdest thing last night... It was silent... EVERYWHERE! Clearly... we lost. DANG IT! The seahawks pride is still alive and well though! From colored hair to everyone wearing seahawks attire.... Seattle is still blue and green. So bummed we lost... ha ha I really hope that people don't stay too grumpy for too long this week... We need to find people to teach ;)
So as I mentioned this last week transfers came and Sister Miller and I were going to have another transfer together!!! Well God is good and he had other plans. Sister Miller has been dealing with some health concerns over the past 6 weeks and she has been working hard to fight them and stay on her mission. They have been weighing on her though and God knew that. On Friday night we got a phone call from President Choi saying that Sister Miller was going home the next day. I was absolutely devastated! I know that it is what is best for her. Earlier in the week Sister Miller and I had a really awesome spiritual experience where we wrote "letters to God" and we waited and listened to the spirit and wrote his response back to us. We each wrote our own letters but after that exercise we both knew that God had a plan in store and that he was taking care of Sister Miller. Sister Miller felt strongly that she was supposed to go home, but she was very torn because she loves Duvall and wanted to finish the transfer out with me since it is my last. When she told me this I prayed and asked Heavenly Father how I can help and I felt very strongly that I needed to support her. We worked hard all week long. Her health just kept getting worse though. So we were both shocked to get the call unexpectedly from President Choi, but it truly was for the best. God truly does have a plan, and He took action. She is home now and doing well. I have a new companion named Sister Thinn. She is from a small town in Arizona called Kayenta. It is on the Navajo reservation. Yup she is Native American.... Ready for the next surprise... I'm Training again! Sister Thinn has been out for 7 weeks... so I am finishing up her training. God sure does have a sense of humor and a plan to keep me motivated to the end. 
This last week Sister Miller and I got to do a lot of service for people here in Duvall. We helped out at Acres of Diamonds (The womens center) and we LOVED it! That is one of our highlights to our weeks. We also got to help sort seeds into small packets for a local farmers seed convention coming up! Ha the helpers got me to eat the seeds to "taste if they were good"... They kind of all tasted like dirt to me... ha ha. 
Sister Miller introduced me to two Ukrainian specialties this week... A Ukrainian Poppyseed bread, and a Ukrainian sausage.... oh they were so so so good! I LOVED IT. 
Sister Thinn and I are working to find some people to teach this week. We could use lot of prayers in that regard... 
I am extremely sad to have lost Sister Miller out here I really love her and we got along great! Sister Thinn is very sweet though and I look forward to getting to know her and learning from her. On to another great week in Duvall!

I Hope you all have an amazing week and I will write more next week!
Love always, 
Sis. Jenn Franzen

p.s. This is one of my fav. scriptures from the week! D&C105:14
14 For behold, I do not require at their hands to fight the battles of Zion; for, as I said in a former commandment, even so will I fulfil—I will fight your battles.
The Lord is on our side and if we trust in Him and call on His name, He will fight our battles. He loves us and desires our happiness! Of this I testify in the name of our Savior, Jesus Chrsit, Amen. 


 Saying Goodbye to Ssiter Miller
 My new companion and I... we went shopping ha ha 

No comments:

Post a Comment