Sunday, April 19, 2015

Week Ending February 16th, 2015

This was another amazing week in Duvall! There is so much to tell you, and so little time in which to do so... So our mission has this new rule... where we keep our apts. spotless... We  have had a big push on cleanliness in the past, but more so now. Now we have to have our apts. be at the same rating as the Temple.... Nothing can be out or on counters. All our study stuff has to be put away each day. (We can't even keep blenders and toasters on our counters) it's crazy... but super duper clean :) Anyways... on P-days we have to stay in our apt now until the whole zone has an apt. rating of 2.0 on a 1-5 scale... so We did not get out until noon today... Really eats at our day, but our apt. is very clean :) So in order to get everything else we need to done today I will have to make this quick... So I will just touch on the highlights of our week.... 
#1 I don't know how... but this last week we exceeded my all time high of lessons taught on my mission. We taught 44 different people this last week... I don't even remember teaching that many people... time is flying by ;)
#2 We were able to invite one of our inv. to be baptized, and she accepted ;) I love helping people make commitments to the Lord. 
#3 We were able to get so much done this week! I am really finishing on a strong note... We had interviews with President Choi this week, and he told me that he is proud of me and thankful for the work that I have done :) 
okay two stories that I just have to share... Not so spiritual but this was our week... 
#4 It was BEAUTIFUL out this week and we got to help a lady in our ward work on her garden. (Her daughter is handicapped and she cannot get much done while also watching her... so we helped out... in skirts;) oh yeah)
A sister that was serving from the Duvall ward came home from her mission this week. She served in the Philippines and it turns out that she and I were in the MTC together and never knew it! Anyways she got home this last Wednesday... and she was engaged by Friday! WOAH! That is crazy crazy fast... but she is super happy and she was a big help to us this week. She is going to go out with us a lot this week. Her and her fiance went tracting with us last night and we were having no success! Thankfully there were no door slams ha ha but no one was really interested in talking with us. (maybe because there were four random strangers standing on their porch ha ha ha)  But then... there was a man walking on the opposite side of the street so I told our "group" we were going to cross the street so we could talk to him. We did and you should have seen the look on this mans face! He looked like a mob was coming after him... poor guy... thankfully we began talking and things got better. His name is Dan. He has a belief in God but he said that it is not an active faith. We asked if he wanted to strengthen his relationship with God and he said YES! so We invited him to keep meeting with us and learn more and he accepted! Miracles!!!
Another night we were tracting and we have about 30 min. left to knock on doors. we knocked on this door and a young man named kyle answered. Kyle is super duper nice. He is a physics major at UW. He talked to us for a long time. he told us that he does not believe in God, but he does want to build on his faith and he is interested in meeting with us to learn more! It was awesome! He is super open minded... He asked if we were in school and we explained that we take a break from school and stuff while we are on our missions. I told him that I was done with school... so he asked what I studied. I told him that I got a BA in Dance and focused on Modern and Ballet... BAM This guy started doing the ballet positions on his doorstep and asked how he was doing ha ha ha ha turns out he took ballet when he was in Elementary school at PNB. He has since quit but he does still have nice turn out... That was a funny moment for me. He then asked if he could take a dance class from me if I taught sometime...ha I said we would have to see and we went on our way ha ha it was super funny and weird at the same time. 
On to the best story of all... disclaimer... missionaries... yes missionaries can make poor judgment choices sometimes...  
So We have a ward member that really loves cats and her cat recently died. She is super lonely and we were trying to cheer her up. We were driving in the middle of no where in our area (boonies) and we saw a kitten on the side of the road. We both decided instantly that we needed to "catch the kitten" for our member... nevermind the fact that A. the kitten could have been feral... of B. it Could have belonged to someone.... anyways we decided to turn around and go back for the kitten. We did so (this road has turn around about every 2-3 miles just for an idea of how dedicated we were to this task) and Sister Thinn pulled over I opened the door and the kitten ran... so we decided that we needed to turn around and not park so close to the kitten. We did so and got back to the same spot after driving another 5 miles or so round trip. Sister Thinn then said "okay I am going to pull over, you will hop out and grab it and then we will be on our way" to which I instantly agreed (why you ask? I still have no clue....) So she pulled over and I hopped out... well at that exact same moment a car came around the corner about 100 ft away so I told her there was a car... but instead of jumping back into the car she drove about 30 feet in front of me leaving me standing on the edge of a ditch ha ha... realizing I was too close to the road I made a quick decision. instead of running back to the car where sister thinn was I saw the ditch and decided to jump it... (stupid I know...) anyways.. I jumped the ditch... it was mudd from all of the rain and instead of landing on hard ground I slid into the ditch and landed in water... thankfully only to my shins.. ha ha but I was covered in Mudd... The car that was coming started to slow down to see if I was okay... realizing that they would ask questions I decided to get out of the ditch and run back to the car... We did so and the minute I got back inside sister thinn and I looked at each other and both said "what are we doing?!?!?" We could not stop laughing but we realized how dumb we were being and stopped trying to get the kitten... bad thing... I landed in stinging nettle ha ha so we had to go back into town and we went to the family grocer.... where... miracles we ran into our investigator Erika that we have not seen in a while.... So considering that neither of us have any clue what got into us... we figure that we needed a reason to go to the store so stinging nettle was that reason for us... weird but sooooooo funny.
So I don't share this because it was dumb ha ha because it was... but wanted to show that miracles are found in EVERY situation! cool huh? It was an amazing week and we cannot wait for this upcoming week! Don't worry no catnapping will be involved in our week :) 
I love seeing miracles in God's work and I love being a missionary!
I hope you all have an amazing week! 
I love you all soooooo much!
Love always, 
Sister Jenn Franzen

No comments:

Post a Comment