Sunday, April 19, 2015

Week Ending June 16th, 2014

Hello Family and Friends,
This was a great week... 
Monday- Ha we had dinner with a member in the ward and let's just say it was not a meal for me ha ha. The food was delicious... and full of things I am allergic too ;) There was 3 cats in the house, and the meal had LOTS of dairy, and walnuts. Ha ha my throat was soooo tight! but I survived... until the end. We walked out of the house and Sister Madsen turned to me and said the following: "Sorry, I tried to warn you..." I asked her what she was talking about and.... "I tried to warn you to not use the spoon in the salad dressing. Katelyn (a little 6yr. old) pulled it out licked it and stuck it back in the jar.... then you used it....." HA HA HA HA I Died! Poor Sister Madsen... She tried. Ha then on Tuesday We helped a member cook Persian food for a sister that just got out of the hospital...and she gave us some chocolate from See's (not beaurdoux dad, but still good) so I ate a bite... and it was full of walnuts ha ha poor Sister Madsen again.... She is a germ-a-phob... (really though) and she was so good to me and before the member came back in the room she grabbed it and popped it in her mouth... I felt so bad afterwards. Germs really freak her out ha ha. 
Tuesday night we had to play counselor :/ two of our inv. have been progressing super well! when we wne to their house though they unloaded a lot on us and they are not doing very well emotionally right now. And as missionaries we are NOT allowed to counsel marriages, families, etc. so we had to kindly back out of the place it was really hard though. Thankfully our Bishop stepped in and took care of the situation and got the couple in touch with LDS. family services. (http://www.providentliving.org/lds-family-services/counseling-services?lang=eng
I had a really good humbling experience this week. On Wednesday we taught our worst lessons ever.... :/ We have been asked to teach the new member lessons for a 10 yr old girl that got baptized in Feb. We didn't have much time that day to prepare as we had a special zone meeting. We should have pre-planned/prepared because we knew this meeting was happening. needless to say the lesson turned into a history lesson. The little girl was falling asleep... and I said things wrong like Mormon was the last prophet to write in the Book of Mormon... not Moroni. I left feeling so embarrassed and upset but it's okay. The next few days we were able to talk about the lesson and role play how to do it better next time. It was a good learning experience. i think it was a good dose of humility for me. I don't know everything, I am not a perfect teacher, and I WILL make mistakes even when i am over half way through my mission....
We saw Todd on Thursday and he was SICK! We explained priesthood blessings to him though. and we were able to have the elders come over and give him a blessing. Check out the link if you aren't sure what a priesthood blessing is. :)
We met with him on Friday and he was feeling soooo much better! We were able to teach him about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and he is looking forward to getting baptized this upcoming week... the only problem... he is 73 and he forgets things... so we will see if he is ready to be baptized this upcoming week :) (Mark 10:27)
 27 And Jesus looking upon thesaith, With men it is impossible,but not with God: for with God all things are possible.
We worked with our Korean couple some more and we are really trying to help them find hope and healing through the atonement of Jesus Christ. 

Stake conference was WONDERFUL this last weekend. I really appreciated a recently returned missionaries testimony. I love that he stated that the missionaries had the faith and diligence to produce hundreds of baptisms but then the people were falling through the cracks. The only thing that truly helped people stay on their path of discipleship was the members. Fellowship is EVERYTHING. that really put things into perspective and it was nice to hear because Sister Madsen and I have been trying to work more with the members. 

Oh Miracle of the week.... Brother Hong from my first area got baptized on Thursday! This family has been waiting for this day for years! It made my heart so warm to hear that he had made the decision to be baptized :) Our Investigator Brother Clayton is on date for this weekend and seems like he is ready and good for that day... We are praying for him :) 

Oh okay i keep hearing about a great book! I can't read it as a missionary... even though it is about missionary work... It is called The power of an everyday missionary? I think... It is at desert book. and I have heard only good things! You should read it and let me know what you think ;)

Well that is all for now. phew long email this week ;)
Another great week in Edmonds :)
Love you all ! 
Sister Jenn Franzen
P.s. We are taking pictures at the beach today... stay tuned ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment