Sunday, April 19, 2015

Week ending April 8th, 2014

So this week was long but oh so good. Sister Tanner and I got a lot of really good work done in our area and our area book! It is nice to see the fruits of following up! Unfortunately transfers came and sister Tanner left. I have a new companion named Sister Payne. She actually trained my trainer, so this will be fun! She is from Texas and has a BEAUTIFUL singing voice.
Oh Mom HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to MOM Happy Birthday to you! 
So I made another trip to Normandy park! Oh how I love my greenie area ha ha I could honestly live there! (Don't worry mom, Oregon city is still on the list) It was a good trip I finally got some answers about my kidney stones and hopefully won't have to go to a dr. for a long long time. 
CONFERENCE WAS AMAZING!!!!!!! 
Elder Bednar's talk during conference helped me a lot as well as Elder Andersen's talk it reminded me of a poem that President Monson shared in conference in October "Good timber does not grow with ease. The stronger the wind, the stronger the trees. The further sky, the greater length. The more the storm, the more the strength. By sun and cold, by rain and snow, in trees and men and women good timbers grow" I have this quote in my scriptures and it gives me a lot of hope. My kidney stones will possibly NOT go away in this life time but they will in the millennium and that means i get to use them in this life as a way to come closer to my Father in  Heaven. Come what may, and Love it right? So I am taking the "attitude of gratitude" recommended by President Uchtdorf and determined to enjoy the journey  of my mission that lies ahead. I am so glad to know that if I dink LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of water I won't have to go home.
Okay Elder Ballard's talk! I am taking it literally! I am following up with EVERYONE! (PS if you are not familiar with Elder Ballard or General conference I highly recommend this web page: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2014/04?cid=HPSU040614654&lang=eng
There are so many wonderful and inspirational talks on here! I promise you that there is a talk on here for each of you! ) Anyways do you all have a preach my gospel?!?! I am going to do my best to share things I learn each week and I would love to hear insights, questions, and comments from all of you. (Preach my gospel is a guide to missionary work and helping others come closer to Jesus Christ.Here is an online version: https://www.lds.org/manual/preach-my-gospel-a-guide-to-missionary-service?lang=eng)

on another note here is my talk of the week shown in a mormon message:
https://www.lds.org/church/good-things-to-come?lang=eng
 I love this talk! It is pretty much my daily motto ha ha
So this week I have a goal to A. get to know my new companion and B. work work work and get new investigators in overlake!
Thank you for all your support hope you have a great week. 
oh one more fun fact. Here is the talk my mission president gave in conference a few years back:
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2009/10/i-love-loud-boys?lang=eng
Isn't my mission president great? You should see him and his wife. They are adorable. 
Well my lovely friends and family that is all for this week. Please get a preach my gospel! i am reading ch. 4 this next week about recognizing the spirit! I love you all so so so much! 
Love
Sister Franzen

No comments:

Post a Comment