Sunday, April 19, 2015

Week Ending February 23rd, 2015

This week was so great! It was full of Miracles... and some disappointments... but what would missionary work be like without the ups and downs?

On monday of this last week our new investigator dan dropped us... but no worries... we found two more "dans" to teach during the week... Not sure why we are only teaching dans but we will go with it :)
Highlights of this week that I will touch on:
1. I taught another Dance Class
2. We had a "gun pulled on us" 
3. We had not one... not two... but three people come up to us and tell us they were praying for us to find the poeple we are meant to teach
4. My companion and I went to dinner and... more later on that one. 
5. We had another high lesson week
6. I got to see Jill this week :) 

Okay... so the Primary president of the Duvall ward has a friend that has no interest in the church what soever but loves to come to fun activities... So out of an effort to help this friend have more friends we help a dance class. I got to teach ballet to 8 young moms... oh they were hilarious. They were hard to teach because they were ALL chatty Kathy's... but they had fun and that is what matters :) 

So my companion and I were tracting out in the "boonies" and we met a man named Dan. We talked to him for a time, we sang and then we had a prayer with him. As we went to shake his hand he pulled a hand from behind his back and he was holding a hand gun. My companion and I didn't even notice until he said "sorry... we get some scary folk out here sometimes and I wasn't sure who was at my door so I came prepared... sorry ladies not trying to scare you." then he set the gun on a table so we could shake hands... Ha even though he was nice, we ran and got out of the boonies after that ha ha 

Right after that we were walking back to our car and a car pulled by us stopped, turned around and came back. At first we were nervous but then a nice man named cory stopped and told us that he felt like he needed to come back and tell us that we were about a good work. He let us know that while he doesn't agree with all of our beliefs he supports what we are doing and he prays for our success daily. (This happened two more time during the week!)

We went to a thai place for dinner one night because we did not want to cook ha ha... well a lady came in and sat behind us... we ended up talking to her for over 40 min. about God, families, faith, hope, health, and life. It turns out that her Husband is very ill and the only break she gets as his caregiver is when she goes out to get food... she bore her heart to us and we listened... She needed it... we were not expecting anything out of it... but in the end it turns out she covered our bill when we got ready to leave. Such a kind and amazing woman.. That was a really sweet experience :)

We had 43 lessons this week! Duvall is doing great! Not a lot of investigators right now, but we are working on it :)

We had a member and missionary fireside this week (my last one :'(... ) and i got to see Jill! oh that made me sooooo happy! 

God is so good and he made extra sure that we felt loved here in Duvall! Miracles are everywhere :) I love being a missionary! I hope you all have an amazing week. 

Love,
Sister Jenn Franzen

2

Jill Webb :)
 Sister Choi :)

No comments:

Post a Comment