Sunday, April 19, 2015

Week ending November 11th,2014

HELLO!!!!! SO Sorry that you did not all get a great letter last week... I will do my best to make up for it this week :) You will all at least get plenty of pictures this week :) So like I mentioned last week... I am a trainer! Being a Trainer is a LOT of fun... but it is also a LOT of hard work ha ha. I don't think I have ever had to be so careful about what I do or say ha ha... I don't want to explain something wrong and then have her do something wrong the rest of her mission ha ha... Not likely because she is awesome... but that is my fear. 

I miss Sister Vander Hoeven a lot  But sister Bunker is a lot of fun. She just turned 19 in sept. and graduated from High school in June... I'm So OLD! ha ha but she is a lot of fun. :0 this will be a good transfer

This was a wonderful first week of the transfer. Sister Bunker is an absolutely amazing missionary and she is so on fire and ready to get to work. She really taught me a lot this last week about recognizing the spirit. While completing 12 week (our training program) this week I really thought a lot about how every missionary can benefit from the principles in 12 week no matter how far they are into their missions. We all need to go back to the basics to become better teachers.... and honestly all members can benefit from going back to the basics of how to share Christ's gospel with others.  I hope to study from 12 week the rest of my mission. Being a trainer really has made me think a lot about what kind of example I am being and it has pushed me a lot. We are using role plays more in companionship study and I love it. I am able to see the benefit of them at this point in my mission, and when you have fun with the spirit it makes the whole difference. I feel as though what we are learning in training is not only helping Sister Bunker to become familiar with what goes on in the mission field, but I also feel as though it is re-igniting my flame as a missionary. I have not felt so energized and powered up since a few months ago. I have not lost my flame but her excitement for the work is so contagious. I love that each conversation is so spiritual with Sister Bunker. She doesn't focus on home even though she is homesick, but instead wants to know everything about everyone in Edmonds. She is a fire ball missionary. 

We saw so many miracles this week... our Investigator Doug got baptized! I want to share a message he sent to us..."My confirmation and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost in today's service was very powerful... To the point of overwhelming. I definitely felt the power of the laying on of hands on my head. i am so excited about the journey I have embarked on with our Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. I am ready to live the life and spread the word of god by my words and actions. Its been a very intense two days ni my life. I want to say i am at peace fore the first time in a  long time. I thank you for your guidance and your continued support. I feel so good.- your Brother Doug "
AH He is soooo amazing! I am so sad that Sister Vander Hoeven could not be here to see it but I am happy that she is serving in my greenie area.. that is an awesome place to be. Sister Bunker feels a little out of place with week because no one was expecting Sister Vander Hoeven to go.... But The ward will come to love her just the same and the work will continue moving forward :) 
Our Investigator Jill is on date to be baptized in Dec. and I am so happy for her... She wanted to choose a date that was important to her and us as well... so she picked dec. because she loves the month. Dec. 6th will be her baptism, Dec. 7th will be her confirmation (the 6th is sister bunker's mom's Birthday... and the 7th is my dearest grandma's birthday :) Special all around) She came to Doug's baptism and she feels so ready and excited for her own! Ah miracles... I LOVE being a missionary... I love seeing peoples lives go from so awful to so extremely happy. The Gospel of Jesus Christ truly heals all wounds... Jill and Doug are both testaments to that! 
So sorry I am out of time... again... i don't know where the time goes! Just know that I love you all and I am so excited to write you more next week!
Love you all!
Sister Jenn Franzen

No comments:

Post a Comment