Sunday, April 19, 2015

Week Ending May 26th, 2014

Happy 9 months on my mission to me!!!! Trust me I am not counting down the days I love my mission way too much for that but this milestone I feel like is a big deal for me! I have made it half way through my mission with feet problems, Kidney stones and all and nothing will stop me from finishing my second half ;) I am also currently pain free for a month! That is a huge relief and accomplishment I feel like. :) So glad that I am Kidney stone free and able to go about the Lord's work.
My new area is great! It is definitely different then Bellevue. To be 100% honest... I am scared of Americans. Ha Ha I miss all of the Indian and Chinese people in Bellevue. Ha we met a man named Ivko this week and he is from South east Europe. He is WONDERFUL! He used to be Christian but he converted to Buddhism when a previous priest told him that as Christians we are automatically "better" than all other people. That really bothered him and I can see why. Sister Madsen and I were able to testify to him that we are all created equal male, and female and it does not matter where we are from in the world, we are still special. we were able to share the scripture in Alma 26:37 with him and he loved it! He is interested in learning more of our beliefs and we have a return appointment with him this next Saturday to teach him... and his wife and two boys!!!! FAMILIES ARE FOREVER! I am so excited to be able to teach a family all together about the Love of our Father in Heaven and about the sacrifice of his son Jesus Christ. 
I LOVE Sister Madsen! she is soooo sweet and quirky! We laugh all the time and sometimes too much ha we have had to crack down on each other and hold each other accountable to go out and work otherwise we never would ha ha. I am thankful that I have had so many amazing companions and I learn so much from each one. I can tell that i will learn a lot about self discipline this transfer.
Here are some goals that Sister Madsen and I have this transfer
1. A VERY organized area book (with dividers, lists of people in the ward that go to lessons with us for future missionaries, etc) 
2. That every member on the ward list will be reached out to be the end of this transfer. 
3. A BAPTISM!!!!! (of course we want more than one but AT LEAST ONE! )
Well we are excited to see where this transfer takes us!

No comments:

Post a Comment