Sunday, April 19, 2015

Week Ending November 24th, 2014

God is so Good.... It is so simple, and it simply comes down to that.... God is good. This week was another one of those trying weeks of my mission. Thankfully it was not caused by Kidney stones... Instead this time it was caused by a car accident. Last Monday right after emailing all of you, my companion and I were in a not so wonderful car accident. Thankfully everyone walked away from the crash... except carl (our poor car). The Car we hit also did not walk away... :/ But the Lord is good and every child of God DID walk away! There were a lot of miracles seen in this. Since the crash we have had 4 people confide in us that on the day of our crash they felt that they needed to offer "extra" prayers specifically in our behalf, and for our safety. From how badly our car was crunched... I'm going to go on a limb and say we definitely needed those extra prayers.
So that was our Monday... A good chunk of our week was spent trying to recover from the crash... unfortunately. We did get to teach a lot though and our Investigator Jill is all set and ready to go for her baptism interview! Ah Miracles!!! Other then that we are kind of starting from scratch.... We have a lot of finding coming up in the next few weeks... So here come the fun little side note to our car crash... We no longer have a car... and we won't either... Both of us aren't allowed to drive now so... we are bus missionaries as long as we serve together ha ha wahoo! Thank goodness I took the bus all those times in DC! phew! 
We are working with the ward a lot to be effective in our area... It is really big and no one really lives by us ha but it will work out! We have members that are taking us out 7 and 8 pm each night which is good. (our mission pres. told us we are not allowed to go out on our own after 7... so we HAVE to have members with us.)
So we have a lot of things coming up and I am about to embark on a new kind of missionary work.. I will keep you all posted...
In Lieu of the Holiday season I thought I would share what I am most thankful for:
I am thankful for:
1.Family
2.The Gospel
3. priesthood blessings
4. my education
5. A roof over my head
6. A living Prophet
7. Electricity
8. Angels protecting us
9. My friends in DC
10. The scriptures
11. My ancestors
12. sunsets
13. my health
14. Trials
15. transportation
16. Food
17. The Holy Ghost
18. technology
19. my sight
20. My savior
21. Rules that keep us safe
22. Religion
23. Freedom
24. socks
25. my CTR ring
26 Email
27 Music
28 Cellos
29 babies
30 art.... preforming and visual
31 my testimony
32 my childhood
33 work
34 examples
35 patience
36 guidance
37 protection
38 my hands
39 books
40 clothes
41 cameras to capture moments
42  hot chocolate
43 changing leaves n the fall
44 snow
45 Christmas lights
46 the Nativity
47 Hope
48 Doctors
49 chances
50 opportunities
51 history
52 the future
53 Sister Choi's cooking
54 science
55 temporary family (ward members)
56 My companion
57 sleep
58 a chance to study each day
59 learning
60 listening
61 Flowers
62 laughter
63 cats
64 Dogs
65 Allergies? ha ha came to my mind
66 family car rides
67 vacations
68 reunions
69 fasting
70 prayer
71 communication
72 highlighters
73 notes
74 chocolate
75 MINTS
76 my bedding made by people I love
77 hospitals
78 caroling
79 games
80 letter writing
81 libraries
82 testimonies
83 My Father in Heaven
84 My siblings
85 My parents
86 my feet
87 pajama pants
88 Coats... lots of cute coats
89 pain
90 joy
91 love
92 sorrow
93 eternal life
94 baptism
95 Repentance
96 teachers
97 faith
98 expression (freedom of)
99 my identity
100 The little things

What are you thankful for? I love you all SO much!
Love Always,
Sis. Jenn Franzen
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment