Sunday, April 19, 2015

Week Ending June 9th, 2014

Hello Everyone! This was another great week! We improved again on our number of lessons but we still have a lot of improvement to go... Ha talking to everyone is HARD!!!! ha ha but we are trying! A couple of weeks ago my mom told me about a missionary exp. she had (don't worry mom, I won't go into details and embarrass you... but it got me thinking this week about HOW EASY missionary work really is... so i studied that and I wanted to share a GREAT talk with all of you.
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2001/04/witnesses-unto-me?lang=eng&query=sister+missionaries
 Elder Holland talks about how easy missionary work is in this talk and that ther are six or seven easy ways to do missionary work!  you should all read it!
We had zone sports day last Monday and I played Goalie. Ha ha yup little old not into sports ME! I was pretty good actually. I blocked three goals! Ya only two got in and my team won! BAM! But I got scraped and bruised pretty good ha ha. Turf is a LOT harder then a studio floor... good thing I like knee drops. 

Our Investigator Todd is still on date for June 21st and he is progressing well. We met with him on Thursday with a couple from our ward and we finished teaching him the Plan of Salvation. He has such a strong desire to be with his late wife again and he told us he wants to do his best to "prepare to meet her again". He came to Church on Sunday! He was so cute he is usually in the same outfit every time we see him, and covered in cat hair (He has nine cats: Snowball, baby, boots, Cece, Cassie, Lizza Smoky, Socks and Sugar... yup I asked all of their names. He gave me their ages too ha ha ha). On Sunday he was in a shirt and tie and he had showered and combed his hair. it was so touching to see him have a desire to look good when he came to church. The hope and joy found in Christ motivates people and helps them live better and he is a testament of that. 
We had the opportunity to help a woman move this week from WA to ID. She is a single mom with two young kids and she has arthritis. Her LDS friend called the mission office and asked the elders in our area to help but hey were busy... so we put on our jeans and we got her moved out. Sister Madsen and I may not be the strongest but by the end of the night she was completely moved out and her house was cleaned... boy were we sore the next day.... 

So a friend of mine asked me for insp. messages today to help another missionary who is dealing with some health/mission challenges. I decided to send my scriptures and talks to everyone. you have all got some before but here is the list of scriptures and talks that have helped me through my health challenges the most over the last year:

John 14:18
Alma 34:41
Romans 5:3-5
Alma 7:11-12
D&C 6:34, 36-37
Alma 20:4
1 Nephi 21:14
Psalms 29:11
Alma 26:12
Mosiah 24:13-15
Alma 36:20
Alma 36:3
D&C 58: 2-4
Moroni 7:40-43
1 nephi 18:16
2 Nephi 4:28-35
D&C84:87
Helaman 5:12
John 8:29
2 kings 6:16-17
John 16:33
Helaman 10:4-5
Matt. 11:28-30
 Keep feeding your spirit and stay strong. Your spiritual strength is the most important thing right now (and ever!). You are (all) servant(s) of the Lord, your health will be taken care of. Satan cannot physically harm us but he can emotionally and spiritually so STAY STRONG! Pray for your comp. (spouse, children, etc.) This advice fits and applies to everyone. This scriptures got me through a lot and I hope they help some of you as well when trials come your way. 

hope this helps
I hope you all have an amazing week full of sunshine, fun, and laughter!
Love, 
Sister Franzen

No comments:

Post a Comment