Sunday, April 19, 2015

Week ending September 8th, 2014

This was another great week in Edmonds! 
On Monday we went to the Beach! It was BEAUTIFUL! We also went on exchanges... This was one of the better exchanges I have had.... My Sister Trainer leader asked me to create some goals for what kind of person I want to be after my mission. It really made me think about what kind of changes I want to make between now and the time I go home. I want to be realistic.. I know that I can't be exactly as I am now in the field but I know th at there are certain attributes and things that can be life long... I may not be able to keep the missionary schedule.... but I can keep the missionary spirit.  Exchanges went really well and it helped Sister VanderHoeven and I determine what we needed to change for our area. We made some new goals and we are excited to execute them. So on exchanges we had some fun experiences... we went on a wile goose chase for a less active from our ward.... We went to his 
​address and it was downtown by the beach.... but it did not exist anywhere... we finally found it... He gave us the post office address... with a p.o. box # as his apt. number.... oooh tricky.... We just laughed... It was a fun scavenger hunt ;) We also saw another family in the ward that has ... leonbergers.... not sure how to spell it... but basically they are GIANT dogs! They sort of look like lions because they have lion manes around their faces... you should look them up.... they scared my comp... so bad when they came to the door ha ha .... We did a lot of service projects again this week. I love service... but I actually think it is possible to service project yourself out.. We are exhausted... ALL THE TIME!!!! so much lifting and hauling and such.. our bodies are beat ha ha but as it says in the Book of Mormon : "When you are in the service of your fellow being, you are only in the service of your God" So... we will serve on!

We got a new inv. this week and she has 4 daughters... we are very excited to teach her. We have an apt. on Wednesday. she is sooooo sweet and has been looking for God for a long time and wants her 4 daughters to grow up knowing He exists and loves them!
We unfortunately did not have anyone to church again this week. We felt as though we were doing a good job resolving concerns... but no one came... so we are going to try a different approach. But we did invite everyone we could to church ;)

We role played with members this week and it really helped me LOVE role plays and it also was a fun way to get them involved in the work. I am excited to do that again. They really helped me to see another side to answering inv. concerns.... They really made us "work" to find the right answer to their imaginary questions... I loved it! ALL of you should rold play with inv.... just pretend to be someone learning about the gospel ... it really helps them learn how to help people understand the role of the savior! It is great!
So as always I cannot put names in here of the people that we are teaching but I want to send some info about each person. I sent this to my friend Jasmine. She asked if there was anyone/anything that she could pray for... I love that! I KNOW that the power of prayer is real and I know that any prayers help those that I get to work with ;) so I can't include first names here.... so I will just put their last names and if you have a desire to pray for any of these people you are more than welcome to! As a mission we pray together at 5:00 each day... I know that there is power in prayer so I invite anyone that would like to, to pray with us at 5:00 wherever you may be. This is a prayer for missionary work and opportunities... A time to ask God to open your eyes to opportunities to help those around us. Weather that means you physically help someone or just send out some prayers on their behalf, I KNOW it helps! So please Join with us and pray for those you know need help at 5:00 each day.
On to another great week!

Li family - This is a couple from North Korea.... In NK you are not allowed to have a belief in God. They moved here last year and met some Christian Korean missionaries that helped them out... They introduced them to Christ and when they could settle down they moved on, so they lost touch with Christ. Time has past and they want to know more... they want to follow Him and be disciples... They are so sweet... There is a language barrier but we read the scriptures with them in Korean and English and they love it!

Brother Swan - He grew up being a believer but left his youth ministry when he was 15 and has not met with any organized religion since... He prays every day but he wants to come Closer to his creator and wants to be baptized :)

Stephens family - This is a newly married couple with such a great story.... The wife grew up going to Sunday school and believing in God. When she was a teenager, she decided that God did not exist and she became and atheist. In Comes The husbands... He is agnostic... his family has no religious background. He met sis. stephens on the internet and they hit it off. He had a desire to know more about God so she got a hold of us... As The husband has been learning about God and His plan and love for all of us, the wifes faith has rekindled and she believes that God is listening to her again! Brother Stephens is preparing to be baptized in October!

 Sister Webb- She is so sweet! She has a strong faith but is going through some REALLY hard things... She is facing eviction, losing her job, her fiance just left her and their son and took everything with him... so she could really use some prayers and comfort....

Sister Banker- She is having a really hard time trusting God to answer her prayers in his timing.... She feels really confused and lost in this sad world and wants God to give her direction
Sis. Cosajay- She has SUCH a strong faith in God.... She has a desire to come close to God but doesn't want to be baptized... she has felt pressured to be baptized before and we don't want that. She is 15 and we are just praying that her faith in God will continue to increase so that when she feels that she is ready to make that commitment she can :)
So here a few people that could use some prayers! "If ye will not harden your heats, and ask me in faith, believing that ye shall receive, with diligence in keeping my commandments, surely these things shall be made known unto you" (1 Nephi 15:11) 
PRAY ON!

oh one miracle from the 5 o clock prayer... our mission has been praying for all of the people in Seattle that have decided to be baptized.... because of prayer and faith of people... a family of 5 was ALL baptized on Saturday! I can promise you God does answer us!

https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2014-07-006-the-hope-of-gods-light?lang=eng
you should watch this video as well! I love you all so much!
Love, 
Sister Jenn Franzen
​BEAUTIFUL edmonds beach :)

No comments:

Post a Comment