Sunday, April 19, 2015

Week Ending July 1st, 2014

Fun story for you... This is Todd Clayton Sr. The newest Member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints in Edmonds Washington. 
Todd is 71. I may have mentioned him before... he has nine cats... yup nine. Anyways, Todd's wife passed away two years ago and he really wants to be with her again. So naturally as we met him and shared the Lord's plan of Salvation with him he was very intrigued... then touched... and then converted to becoming a disciple of Jesus Christ. 
The day of his baptism was a little stressful ha ha. His son is a member of the church and we assumed he knew how to baptize someone because he seemed VERY confident.... Long sory short he had to say the prayer 5 times.. Didn't know how to hold his dad and the poor old man couldn't bend backwards due to a navy injury long ago, and he didn't have good support from his son so he hung onto the wall as his son bent him backwards... so he wasn't immersed... 
Todd Sr. got really scared and started saying he couldn't do it... then our mission president walked in while Todd Sr. and Todd jr. were standing awkwardly in the font because they weren't sure how to do the baptism ha ha... He told us Todd could bend forward instead of backward if needed... as long as he was immersed. Thankfully one of the Elders that shares our ward threw on a suit and got in the font as well. Todd Jr. and Elder Viase both helped Todd Sr. so he could feel supported and be baptized! Todd is so happy and excited that he is one step closer to being with his beloved wife again! Families are Forever!

Another fun note. Transfers were today... and Sister Madsen and I are both staying in Edmonds! (This may very well be the first time I keep a companion for 12 weeks! Fingers Crossed!) They shut the elders (that share our ward) area down... so now my comp and I are riding this area solo and it is huge! I feel so bad... the Elders just put one of the inv. on date last night that they have been working with for two months...she finally accepted a baptism date and then the elders were taken out.. So now we are teaching her and their 6 other inv. Wish us luck ha ha... phew two area books to lug around now ;) This will be fun!

So Last Tuesday I mentioned that we went and saw an elderly lady name Lorrayne. She had some memory problems... well they are worse then we thought. When we saw her she told us that she is 97... according to church records she was born in 1914... The poor lady is 100 years old and she doesn't even know it :/ She is cruising around still though and very happy. Her memory is about 3 yrs off at least :/ But at least she can still recognize God's hand in her life! :)

So I mentioned that we went to the temple this last week... something I didn't mention is that I have been asking Mom and Grandma for stories about our ancestors! And Boy did I get them! Grandma told be about George Hellewell and mom told be about Elizabeth Liechty... If you have not read up on our ancestors do it!!!!! We have so many people in our family that have fought long and hard for their faith and because of that we continue to have the ability to have freedom of religion today! Our Ancestors are SO important. If you are not in my blood family and reading this, I encourage you to learn about your family! Learn what they fought for, what they gave up, and what legacy they left for you! Learn why family is so important! I KNOW that families are forever and I know that our family members who have passed on are still very much around us (2 kings 6:16-17) and they are pushing for us to fight for our faith! Stand up for it and help those that did not get to partake of essential things such as baptism! We are all given the gift of baptism as a way to wash us clean of our sins but also as a way to enter into the path of discipleship! Baptism is the Gate to heaven and those that have passed on from this life deserve the opportunity to choose baptism or not as well! Let us work with our ancestors and help our families be united for all of time and eternity :) 

We got to help out at the Lutheran church again this week. This is always one of my highlights to my week. There are so many hungry, helpless people in this world and even if I am only able to help a small percentage in Edmonds WA... I can still help. It is so great to go there and know that we all have a deep Love for God and for his son Jesus Christ and that we want to "Mourn with those that mourn and comfort those that stand in need of comfort" (Mosiah 18:9) I simply LOVE It!

We found some new potential investigators this week and i am very excited to keep meeting with them and helping them to understand and know of God's love for them. 

Oh we did service for an elderly couple in our ward yesterday and this is the result... Tomato!!! and I was wearing gloves ha ha so my hands are still white... Don't worry mom I wore a huge sun hat... that is why my face is okay ;)


​Well i hope that you all have an amazing fourth of July! I will write more next Monday! Next week P-day is monday but the week after is tuesday!
Hope all is well and you are all safe, healthy, and most importantly happy
I Love you all!
Love Sister Jenn Franzen

p.s. If there are any of you that are curious about things I have written about/ want to know what we do as missionaries, just let me know. I can send your name and info through a refferal system as someone that is simply interested in knowing the message missionaries bring. Missionaries just like me would come and share the same messages that I am sharing with those here in Washington: Restoration of Christ's church, God's Plan of Salvation, The Gospel of Jesus Christ: Importance of It, Following Gods' Commandments, and Laws and Ordinances (baptism/ temple work)
This isn't a way to "convert" those of you that are not members, but simply in invitation to know more about what we share as missionaries. I love you all and so does our Father in Heaven!

May God bless you all this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment