Sunday, April 19, 2015

Week Ending May 20th, 2014

Hello Everyone!!!! This last week was sooo good... Sister Payne and I really worked hard to consecrate our time and work diligently. We tried to really focus on and understand our investigators. We had some heart breaking moments as well as wonderful miracles. One awesome miracle of the week: We were not able to meet with a single one of our investigators this week... Not a one... Until sunday! We met with our awesome (Russian) investigator  and get this... He threw out ALL of his alcohol (we haven’t even talked about the word of wisdom yet, oh and our YSA elders knocked on his door as he was taking his alcohol out so the elders took it out for him and had no clue that A. it was full of his alcohol and B. that he was our inv.) and he committed himself to read the whole Book of Mormon. He wants to come to a baptism and is thinking about conquering his fear of water and being baptized sometime in the future if he knows it’s a good thing. Ahhhhh!!! GOD IS SO GOOD. One miracle definitely makes up for all the disappointments that may come in a week.
So i also got transferred today... no more little India. bummer. Now I am back with Americans... weird! My new comp. is named sister Madsen and she is pretty cool she was born in new Mexico! and she goes to byui so she already has points with me. She is super adorable and we will have lots of fun i am sure. I sure was bummed to have to leave Sister payne though... I have had awesome comps. every transfer and leaving them is just hard.
I was so thankful to have this positive experience in overlake. That area has sooo much potential and so many pure people. I am excited for the work to continue in that area but I am also excited for the work to continue in my new area "edmonds". (farthest north in the mission) I haven't met any of the people yet but I am excited for what this week will bring. I am ready to Find. Teach. and Baptize. I was really able to learn a lot about the pureness of peoples hearts in Overlake and I am excited to help people recognize the need for the savior and change in their lives. I am ready for this new area and the miracles that are in store.
Scripture of the week: 2 Nephi 33:6-7
 6 I glory in plainness; I glory in truth; I glory in my Jesus, for he hath redeemed my soul from hell.
 7 I have charity for my people, and great faith in Christ that I shall meet many souls spotless at his judgment-seat.
How Great is our savior and redeemer Jesus Christ? "Behold I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel" (Alma 26:16)
Ah I LOVE THIS GOSPEL! I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! And I love our Father in Heaven so much. And I can promise each and everyone of us that he loves us too! Infinitely! Of this I can and will testify in the name of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen.
 Have a great week
Love
Sister Franzen

No comments:

Post a Comment