Sunday, April 19, 2015

Week Ending January 27th, 2015

Well Transfer Calls came in last night... I never have to go to a transfer meeting again.... weird.... And, we didn't get transfer calls! Sister Miller and I are both staying in Duvall! Wahoo! Another awesome transfer. By the end of my mission I am going to be So good at tracting and talking to people that have heard of missionaries SO many times.... Ha I am learning and growing  A LOT here. Sister Miller and I had a good week getting members involved in missionary work, and visiting people that have not been to church in a long time. Weird to think that I will Die in Duvall... But there are AWESOME members here and a lot of work to be done. 
We got to help Sister Centeno a lot this week and as always she taught us more then we taught her. It was such a good week of learning and growing. She taught us a lot about helping everyone around us. 
Here is a miracle that we saw in Duvall this week:

Miracles!!! We have been praying all week to know who to take to the member and missionary fireside. We have a 
less active woman in our ward that we really wanted to take and we knew she would benefit greatly from going... The 
Catch is... She didn’t identify herself as being less active... We prayed so hard things would work out but at 540 on 
Sunday night we had not heard back from her... But lo and behold miracles do exist!!! Not only did this less active get 
back to us at 6:05 and say she wanted to come, but her best friend who is another member of our ward pitched in and 
decided to drive all of us last minute... We made it on time and those two women felt the spirit big time. On the way 
home we had an amazing spiritual conversation and the less active realized that she needs to come to church! She 
acknowledged that she has not been going and that she needs too! Yahoo! :D 
–Redmond, Duvall

I am so sorry this weeks email is so short. I was helping my companion earlier to type a letter... and I lost track of time. More next week I promise. 
 This is Dominque Centeno. We get to help take care of her during the week. She has such a sweet spirit and I learn so much from her. She died as a baby and was brought back, but due to the lack of oxygen after dying she lives very similar to a cerebral palsy child. She cannot speak and has no control of her body.... She can gesture to things with her eyes and wave her right hand. She is such a sweet girl though. Her mother gave us two of her necklaces this week so we can always remember her. I love being able to grow close to those around me and I love that Dominque is able to connect with us spiritually! It was a great week!
Love Sister Franzen

No comments:

Post a Comment