Sunday, April 19, 2015

Week Ending December 16th, 2014

Hello Friends and Family,
This last week in Edmonds was wonderful. We saw a lot of progress with our recent converts that we are working with. The only down side was that we had to drop all of the other investigators that we are working with.... but that is okay we are here to find the elect and there will come a time when those individuals will actually be ready. We had a lot of fun this last week. We had our mission Christmas party and that was a blast. We made videos with our zone about Christmas. We got to watch them at the Christmas party. Some videos were meant to be super goofy and some were serious. Over all though they were super good. President and Ssiter Choi gave us Christmas presents and they were super kind. The sisters all got little pencil bags made in Korea that are super cute. The Elders got special "Seattle Washington" ties... such a cute idea! I tried to see if there was extras to get one for dad... but there wasn't :/

So before I talk more about my week let me answer the long awaited question... was I transferred? Yes... Sadly I was... Oh I miss Edmonds already. BUT! I am in an area where there are HORSES EVERYWHERE! So that makes me pretty happy! My companion and I white washed our area. Yikes... this should be fun. We are in Redmond, Duvall area. My companion's name is Sister Miller, and I am no longer training. :( Super sad about that but that is okay! Sister Miller has been out for 3 months and she is actually a Russian speaking missionary. She is reassigned to English for right now with me. She is also short... like me ha ha. oh another fun note.... She had Gall-stones! What are the chances? She had to have her gall-bladder out a week ago though... poor thing.  We have no clue who is in our area or anything ha ha but we are going to find out... new adventure right? Heavenly Father really likes keeping me on my toes.... Sister Bunker is an amazing missionary and I am so thankful that I got to be her companion. I am sad that I won't be able to continue training her... being a trainer really helped me understand so much more about my call and it really pushed me to be the missionary that I have always wanted to be. I am going to do my best to have the same mindset in Duvall. I want to remember that others are always looking to me for an example... so what kind of example am I setting? I am excited to work with Sister Miller. I am excited to help her to get excited to participate in English work. I know that is makes her nervous but this is going to be a good transfer... I can feel it. 

So my last week in Edmonds was heaven. I love Edmonds so much... that place is really special. I have loved Seattle, Bellevue, Shoreline, and now I will learn to love Redmond :)
Oh on another side note I went to the back doctor and physical therapist this last week for my back from the crash... new fun development... I have a gap in my spine and I pulled a muscle in my neck and strained a disc... so I am going to physical therapy to fix it. I thought my back was stiff because of muscle tightness... turns out there was a pulled muscle... weird. I have to sleep on my stomach, use a lumbar support when I sit, and I am not allowed to bend at the waist for three weeks... apparently that will fix it... Since then I have noticed that my posture is getting MUCH better ha ha. (hidden blessing?) The pain has gone down and life is returning to normal! Hallelujah... 
Sister Bunker and I sang in church on Sunday! We sang O holy night acapella and last minute ha ha... some lines we messed up a little bit but over all we did well! The ward seemed to really love it! Speaking of music...
We got to go see the Ensign symphony last night... We went to a performance called "what child is this"... SO GOOD! We got our transfer calls while we were there... Jill was with us. Her son Ryland talked to me on the phone this morning and said "Sister Franzen, I don't want you go to... I will miss you!" Oh my heart broke... cutest six year old ever!
Another one of my favorite families in Edmonds came over the minute we got home last night to give me my Christmas present since I won't be with them :/ I am always cold at their house so they got me a super fuzzy and warm blanket.. so cute! This is a part member family and the mom's daughters are not very religious. One of the daughters went to Deseret book and got me a necklace that says "Forever Sisters, Forever friends" She about killed me. I love that ward so much. I almost spent half of my mission there... hard to think my time there is up. It was hard for me to pack ha ha I have not done it in so long that I almost did not know where to start. I had an entire suitcase full of Gluten free food from the ward ha ha (They love me!) Oh Edmonds... I will dearly miss it... but Duvall is great... I mean there is horses! I can't ride them... but our white handbook says nothing about petting them!
I can't think of what else to say right now... My planner is in my suitcase at our new apt.... so I will have to see what else I missed. Okay so Christmas is next week.... so I will not be emailing on Monday... So sorry for all my friends and family that are not my parents... Mom and Dad I will be skyping you on Christmas day... Since I don't know the ward yet, I don't know what time. Just know that I will call one of your cell phones before hand... It will most likely be the afternoon or evening ish... I love you all so much and I hope that you have the most merry and bright Christmas possible!
Merry Christmas!

I love you all so so so much!
Love, 
Sister Franzen

No comments:

Post a Comment