Sunday, April 19, 2015

Week ending April 21st, 2014

Hello Everyone!
This week was another really good week. It was full of chances and opportunities but more than anything I believe it was what I like to call a refiners fire week. I am loving the ability I am gaining to recognize when I make mistakes and need to repent and I love that this recognition is coming quicker over time. This week I did not work as hard as I could have. I have been in so much pain in the last few months that I somehow forgot that I could work harder when I am healthy. This is something I learned this week. I have a fear of getting out the door and inviting people to repent sometimes.  I have no fear of talking with people but I do have a tendency to fear asking people to change. I am working on it though and thankfully this is something that Sister Payne recognized in herself as well so we are both working on it this week. There are so many people here that are WAITING to find the means and way to come closer to their Father in Heaven and I need reminding sometimes that I am called as a disciple and representative of Jesus Christ. "I am called of God, My authority is above that of kinds of the earth, By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ, He is my master and he has chosen me to represent him. To stand in his place, to say and do what he himself would say and do if he personally were ministering to the very people to whom he has sent me. My voice is his voice, and my act are his acts' my words are his words and my doctrine is his doctrine, My commission is to do what he wants done. To say what he wants said, To be a living modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous latter-day work"- Elder Bruce R. McConkie This is my call and commission and this is what i am working towards. I am working to be that personal witness others need of the Lord Jesus Christ.

on another note, I saw my new Doctor this morning and he was wonderful! He is a member of the Church and first thing first he handed me a packet of information on my kidney stones. Then he counseled me on how to get rid of them. This was where i knew he was a great doctor though, he took the time and had me go to his office and personally look at all of my CT scan images! I am so glad he did that because now I can see what is going on in my body as well. He asked me to get a new CT scan this next Monday with contrast solution so he can see what is going on in better detail. He is very dedicated to getting to the solution of my pain which I am very grateful for.

We had a young Indian family join us for church on Easter Sunday and it was wonderful to have them there! I loved it. I am loving the opportunity to reach out to others and help them feel the love of their savior. We also had our Muslim investigator join us four our Easter dinner with a ward member. it was a good adventure ha ha and we had delicious Lamb  :) Happy Easter!
I am grateful for this chance to be here in Overlake. I know that I shouldn't keep regrets but I do regret that I left Normandy park the way I did. I was in so much pain that not a lot of work was able to get done the last few weeks. I am grateful I have spent enough time here in overlake to actually work hard despite my fears, and health challenges. I had a good week full of learning and I am thankful for another week to try harder to do my best for the Lord and for my Brothers and Sisters that I KNOW asked me to find them and bring them back to the gospel in the per-exsistence. I know this is my call and I am working on fulfilling it.I know that there are many people here just waiting to know more about God and his plan for them and i hope to be able to have the strength to share that with those around me. 
PMG followup... Did anyone read it? 
This week Pg. 107 gives some great tips for questions that can be answered through the Book of Mormon. One of my favorites is: "Is there a God" the answer is found in Alma 22 and may I testify to all of you that I love.... THERE IS A GOD! I know this with all my heart and I know that he loves all of you! Sometimes we feel we are facing this life alone but it is not and cannot be possible. God has no beginning and no end, therefore we are never alone. He has been with us through it all. Trust him, turn to him in humble prayer, and know that HE LIVES!!!!! 
Hymn of the day" 134 I know that my redeemer lives! 
I love you all
Sister Franzen

No comments:

Post a Comment